Ag Inspection Station / California 15 Fwy South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisrice

I'm going to be driving from Las Vegas to California tomorrow for the first time in a DP. I'm looking for some advice on how to pass through the Ag inspection station.

Do I just drive through one of the car stalls? It says 15 feet clearance, and i'm about 12.5.

or do I follow the semi's to the right where there is no roof?

I'm looking on their web site, but I can't find a word about it.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris,

Don't follow the semis - they go through a separate "commercial vehicle" lane at most ag stations. 15' of clearance is more than you need.

As Tom says do not follow the Semis.  Chances are they will just wave you through but if they do ask questions answer truthfully.  No big deal.

Chris

We drove thru it about a month ago. No problems. As the others have said, keep left. We weren't stopped.

Chris

If you are referring to the Inspection Station/Border Patrol checkpoint s/b 15 in the vicinity of Temecula - it doesn't exist - not for southbound traffic anyway.  It is occasionally open for n/b traffic only.  There is probably an Ag. Station just south of Vegas and I must have driven through it a half-dozen times, but I just can't recall where it is - it's been a while. Perhaps someone can jog my memory...

BT

Thanks for the info. I drove right through it, and I fit too!

Thanks again!
Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbritt
Back
Top Bottom