Air conditioners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brent365

Someone recommended putting covers over the air-conditioners on our toy hauler to prevent birds from nesting. Does anyone know the size or where to find the size of the air-conditioners on a 2017 road warrior 427 th? Found some covers on Amazon but unsure of the size I need.

Never heard of it happening either but they claimed.... the baby birds died in the nest and their duct work became infested with some type of mite. Actually had to "fog"  the camper.

Sorry, but that is hogwash. First of all, there is no outside connection to the interior duct work, so no way for a bird, baby sparrow or eaglet, to get inside. Nor have I seen any exterior a/c shroud that has large enough openings for bird nesting to be a serious possibility.  Mice or other small rodent is more likely, but I don't think any fabric cover is going to help. And they still can't get inside that way because the is no inside/outside air exchange.

If you want one, Camping World and other RV stores offer a selection of fabric covers for various a/c brands & models. See http://www.campingworld.com/category/air-conditioner-accessories/166

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thumpercolt
Back
Top Bottom