Alarm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracey n Steven

Hi we have a 2002 condor R Vision I know it has a factory fitted immobiliser but not sure if it has an alarm... does anyone know if an alarm is factory fitted as standard?

Hi and welcome from the colonies. Sorry but I have no idea what an immobiliser is - maybe that's a Brit unique thing?
John, I had to Google it because I also had no idea what it was either. It sounds like it’s some type of device that disables your ignition circuit to your vehicle so cannot be started.

I doubt if a 2002 Condor has a factory fitted "immobilizer", unless that term can include a steering wheel lock. And no alarm either.

The Condor is a class A, right? So those items would be part of the chassis, which would be either a Ford or Workhorse.

Hi. Can't see any intro post apart from first one in this thread.

Presumably you are in the UK?

She's in the UK.

Hi John it's like a kill switch my main question is if the camper has a factory fitted alarm ... where do I go to introduce myself...
Ah, okay Tracey. Some questions for you:

- Is this a caravan (pull behind a vehicle) or motorized (we call it a motorhome or coach)?
- Who is the manufacturer of the chassis?
- Have you asked the dealer about the immobilizer?
- Any information about this in the owner's documentation?

I have no idea who you could contact in the UK but you could try to get help (as far as a contact) from Winnebago Owner Relations, contact number/email in the sticky post at the top of this board in the Winnebago and Chassis thread.

A lot of my newer motorcycles have an immobilizer. It makes them almost impossible to be ripped off.

The downside is, if you lose both keys, or the fobs, the immobilizer must be replaced with a new set of keys or fob. The old immobilizer goes in the trash can. And it is usually not an easy item to get to. Well hidden in the bike and difficult to get to.

No doubt some cars have the same, so do not lose your keys or fobs!

-Don- Odessa, TX

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom