Alaska reservations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tin man said:
This is a test. I am trying to set up way that I can update everyday our upcoming trip.  I am using pages (apple) and converting to pdf, than copy and paste to the forum. If someone know a better way I am open to suggestions. I will have to paste pictures, as attachments. I was hoping to set up a web page that I could ref. to.

Jim,

Your  process is how I do it on my Mac.  Composing  on Pages has the advantage that if you are in a weak signal area your post may time out (I'm a very slow typist)  I am able to post photos directly on RVForum using Picassa and  exporting to a spot on my computer. This step does the resize needed to be small enough to post.  I like  to see photos  posted directly on RVForum so I don't have to go to yet another place to see them.
I'm looking forward to following  your trip!

Well for the bad news, Alaska is off for this year.  Looks like our move to PA will take up our summer this year. The good news is there is next year. We will not have to leave so early, and drive through NYC anymore.  66 years is a long time.  We will miss LI, but looking forward to our next adventure in life. 

Had to cancel some reservations, have a souvineer book of all the discount coupons for Alaske,

We are living the trip this year reading Jmfreas5 blog.  Was hoping on possibly meeting them this year.  New tires, new camera, new filters.....well now all we have to do is sell our house, and move. 

Will be searching ABE area for MH storage and local campgrounds. 

Than you every one for the advise, and this time next year should be on our way north......

Jim

Dang,
Sorry to hear of  your momentary disappointment, mine too as I was looking forward to following your travels. I do understand that things happen and plans  change.  Good on ya for the positive attitude to saddle up next year  all ready to go!

Dang, sorry to hear of your trip cancelation. Our experience in Alaska was the same as Betty's and Neds. There's talk of another trip in the future for us and we'll follow the same routine, but do the state in the reverse order of our first trip.

Where will you be in PA? We'll be in the Poconos in AUG. Love to meet you if we're anywhere close.

Actually we will be camping in PA, NY, CT in Aug/Sept.  the house is listed, and will be building in Bethleham PA when the house sells.  We are hoping we will be in the new house  by April of next year. 

Staying close to home while the house is for sale.  Buying into a 55 and over community.

Probably near Lancaster, finger lakes (wine country) and Newport RI.

Jim,

Sorry to hear of the change in plans.  Take care and hope all goes well.

We are getting the house ready to sell later this year.  Contractors are scheduled for mid July but hope to get to the west coast area, Portland and OR coast in mid August and early September to look at places.  Don't want any outside maintenance so we will see what we can find.

I should of been clearer, we will be camping in PA Dutch Country, Finger Lakes ( wine country), attend a Winny Rally in UCA in Sept. and end up in RI before spending our last fall on LI.

Back
Top Bottom