All 3 leveling jacks will not lower?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronhix

Hey guys,

I have a 95 Monaco Dynasty with manual leveling jacks.  There are 3 jacks (1 front and 2 rear) and they operate off a panel with 3 independent extend and retract switches and 1 overall power switch for the entire system.

The power switch seems to work fine and the system seems to be getting power, however none of the 3 jacks will extend.  When I try to extend any one of the jacks, the green led "powered on light" seems to go completely dim. 

There are no binding noises and since all 3 of the jacks are having the same issue, I don't think it is a binding type problem. 

Any ideas?

The first thing I would do would be to check the hydraulic fluid level in the leveling jack reservoir. Not sure where it would be located on the Monaco but you can easily find it by tracing the fluid lines back from one of the jacks. On my old 93 Pace Arrow it is located next to the right front wheel well.

Woody

On our Monaco Camelot, the reservoir is located on the left side of the rear engine compartment. The manual says to partially lower one jack (tough to do when none of them will go down), turn the ignition switch and the jack ON/OFF switch to ON, then fill the reservoir until the pinging (boinging?) noise at the dash goes away.

I'm doubting that's the cause, given that your lights dim, but it's worth a try.

Tom,

Since the lights dim could it be the hydraulic pump that is the problem ??
When I replaced the springs on my coach recently I had a long conversation with HWH concerning maintenance of the jacks and they said to just wipe the tubes with WD-40 to keep them free of dirt and other stuff. I know this conversation comes up around here occasionally.

Woody

Woody,

I wondered if the pump might be the problem. It can be heard from the rear of the coach if someone else is up front pressing the switch.

My manual says to wipe the jack arms with Dexron III, but others have reported being told to use WD-40.

The LED's going dim suggests a HEAVY load on the battery... Example, a pump motor that has siezed up.

Sounds to me like the pump is the problem... Some pumps it's possible to turn the shaft with a tool or power drill, Don't know about your system.  Manual would be needed.

Sounds like a possible pump anomaly to me.  If the pump is froze up and cannot turn it will draw more current causing the dim lights.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueupnorth
Back
Top Bottom