All In..!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

48pan

Hello everyone, 

First things first,  We are Lauren and George.  We spent a great deal reading your site today and have decided to join the forum and "meet an greet".  I (George) have toyed with the idea of this for a long time.  Now that I am retired and the kids are gone it's time.  I want to sell the house and full time as you all call it.  I want to take My motorcycle with us however.  That brings up question one I guess..  I have spent most of the time thinking about this with a pull truck and a toyhauler.  Then have since explored the option of a MH and in closed trailer.  Yet then I think about resupply runs IE walmart or the what not and think you just don't want to drag a MH in there and do all that and if it's rainy then you don't want to take the bike and the logistics just go on an on.  Therefore I am here looking for advise.  The other question I have is much like the post "did I let a friend talk Me out of this" What about when the TH wears out?  Hhmm.  Now then I have only My retirement to live on now which pays the house and bills.  Way too much money spent on this place.  Can't afford to do much else as there is disability involved.  In my mind ft is the way to go.  We can live more efficiently and aren't stuck to "10 miles" of America..!!  Ok everyone you all seem very nice and have done this way more than I have so the floor is yours.  Thank you all in advance for your input.

George and Lauren

Hello George and welcome to The RV Forum.

The best solution I can come up with is to buy a Class A MH and a pick-up truck, and put the MC in the back of the pick-up.

As you learned after a day of reviewing post in this forum, it is a great place to find/get answers and meet other folks who are passionate about RVing.  We are glad that you have found us. 

Welcome aboard.

thank you both for the welcome and input.  I will take those into consideration and keep an eye out.  There will be something that works..!!

Welcome George and Lauren!  While I am FAR from retirement, I do look forward to that BIG day!  Can't give you any advice on the full-timing, but why not something with a garage big enough for the motorcycle and pull a toad as well?  Enjoy your retirement and hope to see you out and about some day!

geodrake said:
The best solution I can come up with is to buy a Class A MH and a pick-up truck, and put the MC in the back of the pick-up.

Reading that it dawns on me that another solution would be a travel trailer pulled by, say, an F-350 truck with the motorcycle in its bed.

You can get a motorcycle lift for the back of the coach and still pull a car as well. Not a cheap solution, but very convenient.

Here is an example, but there are several brands and styles available:

http://www.hydralift-usa.com/towing.cfm

We have a 35' class A and tow a 26' trailer behind with the car, kayaks, lawn furniture and a workshop. Still room for an ATV or MC. We are 65' long and yes Donna drives it too. We have taken it into WM and O/N when necessary. We love to dry camp. Have 6 L16 batteries, 5 solar panels, a wind gen and of course the gen that comes with the MH. 95% of the time we are not hooked up. Cheap living without 4 fixed walls and as you say 10 miles of America. Sometimes our home has a million dollar view. Not even the President has that.

I'd like to see a photo of that setup if you get the chance.  Thanks

As you can see the choices are almost limitless.  I've seen all of the suggestions above, and they all work.  It comes down to preference and how much money you want to spend.  I'd guess the least expensive would be a truck, with a bed of sufficient size to put the MC on the back, and a travel trailer.  Our campsite neighbour hauls their Honda tricycle, and 28 foot TT with a diesel powered Dodge 3/4 ton, no problem he says.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom