Allison Error Code

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

topdownman

We recently purchased a new to us 2007 Coachmen Pathfinder.  I'm going through all the little bugs you have with a new rig.  This particular unit, sat on a dealer lot until 2009 and when we picked it up last week only had 2700 miles on the clock.  So far so good except for dumping the coolant on the New York Thruway because of a rusted lower radiator hose clamp.  I fixed that no problem.

Last night while parked in the driveway I decided to start it and back it up a few feet.  When I started the engine, I saw a little gear icon appear on the eyebrow panel (Freightliner XC chassis, 300 Cummins with the Allison transmission).  Anyway, she wouldn't move.  I shut the engine down and restarted and everything was fine.

It was a little concerning.  I've driven the unit over 1400 miles with no problems so far.  Any ideas if this is something to be concerned about or was it some sort of computer glitch?

Hard to say, since you don't have the actual transmission error code, nor did you mention which Allison model  you have. Your Allison manual should tell you how to display that using the buttons on the shifter.

The Allison has a computer controller and also is sensitive to voltage and ground, so a corroded connection could cause that sort of problem. There are also some interlocks, e.g. it won't shift if idle RPMS are too high.

Thanks Gary, I will check and see if there are any codes tonight.  I think it's an Allison 2000, but not positive yet.  As I said, this RV has sat more than it was driven, so I'm expecting a few kinks.

Codes are different on 2000 series vs 3000 or 4000, so you need to find out.

I just checked the Freightliner site and the 2007 Pathfinder used an Allison 2500MH as standard but had a 3000MH as an option, so you will need to figure out which you have. If not sure, have your VIN ready and call Freightliner Custom Chassis Customer Service and they will tell you. They can alsi advise on what may be causing the problem.

Here are your chassis specs:
http://freightlinerchassis.com/images/pdf/Coachmen/XC1403-2007.pdf

Contact FCCC:  1-800-FTL-HELP (1-800-385-4357)

Thanks Gary.  According to those specs, it's the 3000MH as I know I have 6 forward speeds.  The 2500MH is a 5 speed.

Gary RV Roamer said:
Codes are different on 2000 series vs 3000 or 4000, so you need to find out.

I just checked the Freightliner site and the 2007 Pathfinder used an Allison 2500MH as standard but had a 3000MH as an option, so you will need to figure out which you have. If not sure, have your VIN ready and call Freightliner Custom Chassis Customer Service and they will tell you. They can alsi advise on what may be causing the problem.

Contact FCCC:  1-800-FTL-HELP (1-800-385-4357)

Mark
The link I posted in Reply #3 will give you the document telling how to pull the code as well as the meaning of the code.

Back
Top Bottom