Allison trans. problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Which computer is bad?  ECM and TCM control engine and tranamisaion managment.  BCM runs basically everything else.  Since everything in modern transmissions are electronically controled a bad computer will render the transmission inop.

Presuming you mean the TCU (transmission control unit) "computer", probably not. Of course it depends on what is "bad" about it, but at best it probably operates in a "limp home" mode and at worst it doesn't operate at all.

What Gary said. The TCM (Transmission computer) controls the transmission, if it's bad,, Well the transmission may work, but not properly.  Or it may simply sit there in "Neutral" or Park.

Thanks to all for the great info.To bring averybody up to date, the engin would surge when i came to a stop but trans operated ok. I drove the motorhome aprox forty miles after the light came on. After taking it to a certafied allison service shop, and $1533.00 later the light is off and the trans is working fine.

The tCU computer would not talk to the engine computer. So it was replaced as I said for $1533 and everything
is working fine. I took it on a week outing last week with no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom