Allison transmission troubles:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooperhawk said:
  Well, I'm not.  I have close friends named Daly so I spell it that way.  D&V is fine with me.
Just another name dropper.
Mine was a sarcastic reply.  BTW, D&V have not really drawn well in Branson for the past couple of years.  According to my son who is in the biz, Branson is going through a slow metamorphosis and has been for a couple of years.  The city is now promoting the family type entertainment  - boating, parks, rides, zip lines, etc instead of in house shows at the theaters.  They won't devote a dime to the theaters anymore and there is a real war going on about that.  Even the entertainment is slowing changing to a bit more modern stuff as the old timers are slowly passing away and entertainment tastes are changing. As a result the family stuff during the summer season is still about the same but the early and late season shows (which bring in the bus loads of patrons) have either dwindled down to fewer attendees or younger ones.  Lets face it the old folks who got the town on the map are in their 90s or long gone by now.....lol.  At 79 I am beginning to find a lot of the new stuff doesn't appeal but we still like to make some camping trips there.

Sorry this had nothing to do with the OPs thread.  Will try to do better.....next time.

Bill

I knew that Bill.  I was playing off your sarcasm.  I agree with your assessment of the entertainment in Branson.  I talked to one of the Duttons prior to the show and he said that attendance is gradually falling off.  They can't really explain it but perhaps you nailed it.

We still enjoyed the shows we saw and doubt at my age, 79, that the other types of entertainment will draw us again.  Too bad.

Do you have the Allison 3000? If you do, you can check the tranny fluid by just pushing in both the up shift, and downshift buttons at the same time. The tranny has to be warmed up. A good time to check is after driving for a while. Let it sit for a few minutes idling, then check it. After pushing the two buttons at the same time, it will go into test mode. It will countdown to zero, then say Ol for oil, either ok, or lo or hi and the number of quarts. All this info is in your Allison manual. If you dont have a 3000, just disregard this post. Cheers.

Cooperhawk said:

We still enjoyed the shows we saw and doubt at my age, 79, that the other types of entertainment will draw us again.  Too bad.

I attain that 79 in December and share those sentiments but we don't usually turn down free tickets or a great meal at the Grand Country Buffet.  BTW, the son worked one season for the Duttons and said "never again". Branson is a real weird town to work in.  No signed contracts even for most of the major performers, workers get no pay or half pay if show is cancelled or audience size is 50 or less; lots of people work two or three jobs just to survive as most jobs are only part time and per show which only last two or three hours.  Some performers even work in two or more different shows in a day.  Expect to see more theaters close every season - times are a changing.

Bill

I'm afraid you're correct.  I used to watch the CMAs but every year they water that down to the point that last time I just tuned it out.  What we do though is each Spring we attend an Old Time and Blue Grass Music weekend here in Minnesooota.  We park in a horse pasture and dry camp for a long weekend and listen to some really good amateur musicians.  So far that's been going well.

I suspect that if the cousins want to return to Branson next Fall, we will.

Back
Top Bottom