AND THE HITS KEEP ON COMING PART II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phelpo

Well got the Trik installed without any problem, didn't even bleed!  I was working on other
stuff when the DW yelled come in here and smell this cabinet.....it smeels like
MOLD!!!!!! :-\

And you know she was right, wives have a thing about that....the drivers side top cabinet
smells, I go outside and get my untrusty ladder and stand on the top step, (everybody does this right), and look at the top of the slide, there is some caulk missing and the rubber seal
down the slide is cut, but it doesn't look that bad.  Before we left this pm I brought the side
in and pried the old caulk out.  I had sprayed the inside of the cabinet with Lysole several
times, plus I sprayed under the plastic/rubber member outside.

Still smell like mold,  I was going to take the small  rubber cover that is at the top of
the slide off, then try and remove the larger panel to see if I can get at the smell and
KILL IT.  Another  idea is to drill small holes in the cabinet and spray thru them.  Any other
ideas for a semi pro diy???

Phelpo

This may help...that's what I would try myself.

Pour liquid Lysol in a glass bowl and place it in the cupboard with the doors closed; maybe even put sponge in the liquid to provide more surface area for evaporation.

Just a guess.

Carson

heck no I'm so broke I can't pay attention.  I just got lucky this time, but I did bang
my head on my tool cabinet drawer, got some blood there.....but it didn't knock any
sense into me...

Carson that might work but what about the mold in the slide?  I attached a cap to the Lysol
can that had a red tube on it so I could direct the product into the corners of the cabinet.

Phelpo

I don't know about the mold or Lysol thing but I know about bleeding, every motor I put together that had somehow "got my blood in her"  has been an exceptional motor. Not that I'm superstitious ya understand.

Wow,, the bleeding is serious. Does the lysol work for that too? :'( 8) ;D :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom