Another drink water water hose question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ro

I  need a new drinking water hose,I have been looking at the zero-g blue hose and heavy duty black hose for RVs 

some say use  1/2 ',others say 5/8" .some say they don't expand  or retract,others say they do. The description states not recommended to be used under constance pressure. Anyone have any experience with this hose?

I have no experience with that brand, but it seems to me a solution to a problem that largely doesn't exist.  Most any decent quality potable water hose is durable and flexible in the temperature range that most people need.  If you want a heavy duty type, the Camco Premium model (blue) is thicker and stronger.
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-50ft-Premium-Drinking-Water/dp/B004RNR9QY

I'm not a fan of any of those collapsible hoses - I've tried a couple and they always kinked instead of expanding smoothly and weren't all that much different to roll up and store anyway.

As for 1/2" vs 5/8", take your pick. The tubing in your RV is almost surely 1/2".

I asked my daughter to pick up a drinking water hose for me, and she got a shrinkable type.  Personally, I like it!  It is a second hose, and I needed the extra length recently.  The CG did not have water at each site, but there was a spigot 75 ft from our camper.  The two hoses (regular and shrinkable) easily reached the water so I could fill my fresh tank.  It did not fully "retract", but it was easy to coil up for storage, and light weight.  I would not use it for a full hook up site, to be left under pressure, though.

Dooger54 said:
X2. Would never buy another regular hose. This one is much easier to store and takes up a lot less space.

Those of you that say you like them, do you just use them for filling your tank or do you use them at places with full hookup?

I have the Zero G and have used it for source hose for up to 4 straight days w/o any problem.  Didn't know it was not supposed to be used under constant pressure.  I don't really like reading directions. :)

We use ours continuously for 6 months... had a leak at connection but Lowe's exchanged it without question, just keep your receipt.

Back
Top Bottom