Another Sam's Camp mini rally coming up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mike, Karen, Sam & I went for a drive South of Lewistown, MT today and saw some beautiful country as well as deer. antelope, and several sandhill cranes.  The attached photo is of the cranes some in flight some taking off and others still on the ground getting ready to takeoff.  Had a great afternoon.  Will be going to Utica for What The Hay event tomorrow.

Attachments

• Sandhill Cranes.JPG
    Sandhill Cranes.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 26
Sandhill cranes leaving, What the Hay festival...sounds like winter's coming !!!

I think the Cranes took flight when we got too close.  However, we did notice snow on the Snowy Mountains just South of Lewistown.  At least we aren't suffering from heat and humidity.

I thought I'd post a few photos from "What the Hay."

We're getting ready to leave.  We're going to be heading over to the West Yellowstone area, which we'll use as a base camp for seeing some old favorite places and maybe finding some things we hadn't seen before.

We ended staying here a bit longer than we had anticipated when we first headed this way.  Sam and Ron have been really great hosts here at Sam's Camp, just as Ron and all of the rest of the staff are great hosts on the forum.

It has been like autumn here the last few days with the weather here is a bit nippy at times.  The temperature here hit 32.4 this morning on Ron's weather station.  I've never been at a place where I've seen so many apples actually fall off the trees.  Ron had just finished mowing lat week and there were no apples under the trees.  Now they are all over the place.  When we were coming back from "What the Hay" there was more snow on the Snowy Mountains.

We got to see "What the Hay" on the first day, the day that the judging is done.  There was a lot of traffic and even one fender bender.  Some of the creations are very, very imaginative and a lot of them are absolutely hilarious.  It was a fun drive.

I'll post more of the photos after we get to our next location.

Attachments

• 2007-09-09-010ed-export-jpg.jpg
    2007-09-09-010ed-export-jpg.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 2007-09-09-080ed-export-jpg.jpg
    2007-09-09-080ed-export-jpg.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 2007-09-09-105ed-export-jpg.jpg
    2007-09-09-105ed-export-jpg.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 2007-09-09-061ed-export-jpg.jpg
    2007-09-09-061ed-export-jpg.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 16
We the Sam's Camp mini rally ended this morning when Mike and Karen departed for the Yellowstone area.  It was great to meet Mike and Karen.  We really enjoyed their visit and getting acquainted with them.  Karen is an avid quilter and her and Sam had lots to discuss and notes to compare.  Sam & Karen went to the quilters gathering on Thursday and both had a good time.  We are looking forward to Mike and Karen's return to Sam's Camp.  One day Karen noticed a deer right outside their window so Mike got a photo of it.  Maybe he will post it too. 

Sam & I are looking forward to seeing Mike and Karen again.

Attached are photos taken as Mike and Karen was about to depart.

Attachments

• Mike & Karen.JPG
    Mike & Karen.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Mike, Karen, and Sam.JPG
    Mike, Karen, and Sam.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Departing Sam's Camp.JPG
    Departing Sam's Camp.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 19
I posted a What the Hay picture on my photo blog last night.  It's the one that all four of us put on out "People's Choice" ballot.  I even included a little animated gif to give everyone that stops an idea of how cool this one was.

As we were going through Bozeman, I spotted a camera store on Main Street, so we're camped outside of town, eating a late lunch, and then we're going to head back into town to do some exploring.  We'll probably get back late and we're going to be up early in the morning headed to West Yellowstone.

We're using the campground wifi right now.  It's kind of weak so I don't know if I'll be able to get back on if we get back early enough. If not, then maybe I'll set my up new internet dish (Thanks again, Ron for your great install!).  I guess it depends on how late we get back.

Here's is a photo of one of the deer at Sam's Camp.

Attachments

• 2007-09-08-017ed-forum.JPG
    2007-09-08-017ed-forum.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 16
I might add that the deer Mike posted the photo of was probably less than 10 feet from their window.  We do see a lot of deer here at Sam's Camp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom