Antenna question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Molaker said:
Actually, I think it should be just "TV".  CADTV is basically digital cable.  Plain ol' TV would be for the antenna - off air.  By choosing CATV, I think you limit the channels found to those in the CATV frequency range - no UHF which is where most digital TV signals are located.
Well, then, I'll try the TV thing tomorrow. 

bobsharon said:
Cathy, I have heard you say you did everything except crank the antenna up and aim it to the TV stations.
1. you verified power to antenna/amp is on by the light being on
2. you have scanned both TVs (and yes both TVs should run off the one antenna; there is a splitter located in the wall somewhere.
3. you have verified the TVs are indeed digital by virtue of noticing that channels scanned show as 21-1, etc.
4. you have selected "antenna" or "ant" when performing scan (not cable)
5. you do not have, I assume, an antenna switch box of some sort that has to have "antenna" selected.
If your antenna is properly aimed, and you have power on and you scanned for channels - the results you are getting point to a problem...bad antenna/amplifier or bad connections through to the antenna.
Since you have digital TVs with scannable tuners, your RV tech is in error in your needing a digital TV control box.
That's what I thought about the two TVs running off the antenna.  He said no (RV tech).  I didn't think he was right.  Whoops, I don't think that TV has an "antenna" setup.  Why not, I wouldn't know. 

Getting late for me now.  I'm really thinking about calling the audio/video guy.  Let HIM figure it out.  Paying him would most likely be well worth it for me at this time.  I'm just too overloaded with packing, selling, donating, tossing, yada yada yada. 

George Carlin was right:  "A house is nothing but a place to keep your stuff."  Too big of a house, too much damn stuff.  ;D

bobsharon said:
Cathy, I have heard you say you did everything except crank the antenna up and aim it to the TV stations.
2. you have scanned both TVs (and yes both TVs should run off the one antenna; there is a splitter located in the wall somewhere.
Actually, I didn't scan the other TV.  "I'll think about that tomorrow."  Scarlett O'Hara
8)

bobsharon said:
You should be getting more than a couple Spanish stations. ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX are all broadcast near Las Vegas.
Check this site for stations in the LV area and their locations. Use your location as guide and point to the locations on the map...see John from Detroit's post for quick reference for pointing. Do a rescan on your tv or digital converter to map the stations in view.
As far as a booster/amplifier is concerned, if you have a Sensor 4 Winegard batwing antenna, you should already have an amplifier either built into to the antenna or at one of your antenna connections. Adding another will not gain you much (there must be a signal present to amplify it).
There should be a small switch and associated power light showing it is turned on. Have you checked or seen this?
Great map!  The FOUR stations that I am interested in (CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX) are all located southeast of my location.  So, I'll see about that tomorrow.  Two are 140 degrees and the other two are 158 degrees. 

StarDancer said:
Yes, it has an oldie in there...picture is attached.  I've tried pushing the ant button.  (I had to erase a lot of the black part because the file was too big to upload.) 

That is the same one that is in my RV.  They are pretty fool proof IF you punch the correct buttons.  All you need for the second antenna is to find the coax and connect it to the TV and have the antenna button pushed for TV2.

You should check the back of the box to be sure the connections are tight.  If the previous owner had the TVs set  up for Satellite reception, the antenna connector should be where he had the satellite box along with 2 other cables.  One should be marked for Satellite and the other should have marking for TV.  If they are not marked it is a matter of trying and seeing the result, i.e., better reception. 

You will need a special connector for this to connect the 2 cables together.  It is available at any Radio Shack for a few dollars.  The sales people will know what you need if you tell them you need to hook 2 TV cable together.  The cables have a "F" connector and if you tell them that, you will get the correct connector for sure.

Where to get a converter in Vegas.. I can think of 3 places off hand

1: Fry's
2: Best buy
3: "The Shack" (Radio Shack)

NOTE: Last I shopped (While ago) Best buy's Insignia was identical to Zenith and made by LG

I DO NOT RECOMMEND LG PRODUCTS

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom