Anxiety over leaving one behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does your cat eat spam? Our Yorkie loves it! ;) JK, Don't think I would feed it to her. BTW, she hates being left behind!

Spam, YUK!!! I wouldn’t eat spam even if it was my last meal.
My 3 kids would not touch Spam much less taste it. I cut Spam up in 1/2' squares and mixed it up in scrambled eggs. They went wild over it and had seconds. They said it was the best ham they ever tasted. Its a psychological thing. Whole hog sausage means the WHOLE hog just like hamburger is the WHOLE cow but most people don't think they are disgusting.

I grew up poor, and I ate both Spam and liver. Still enjoy both, though I haven’t had Spam for ages. My FIL also liked liver and onions, so whenever we went to a restaurant where it was on the menu, we sat next to each and enjoyed it. The rest of the table moved as far away from us as possible LOL!

I totally get the anxiety of leaving your pets behind. I remember one time we had to leave our dog Max at home while we went on vacation. He was so upset, and we felt so guilty! But he had a blast with our neighbor who kept him company.

I totally get the anxiety of leaving your pets behind. I remember one time we had to leave our dog Max at home while we went on vacation. He was so upset, and we felt so guilty! But he had a blast with our neighbor who kept him company.
Welcome aboard Famulenu!

Just so you are aware this thread is a couple years old...

It is not just Pets that get left behind... This is Jeff Daniels. . also known as Travis Gornicke in the Movie RV
Oh the RV sales lot he mentions.. Is next to an A&W Drive in I've stopped at several times

On this topic cat owners need to know that our vet told us yesterday cats can only go 3 days without eating, or they completely lose their appetite. I always assumed when they get hungry or thirsty enough they'll eat or drink. But some cats are very emotional creatures, more so than dogs.

When we are gone the motion detection on my old iPhone in our kitchen always shows me the 5 year old cat is eating and drinking normally. But the 14 year old cat never eats or drinks when we are gone. We normally aren't gone that long but we got back Monday evening after a 5 day trip. By Thursday evening she still wasn't eating and drinking and was getting weak.

Yesterday the vet did a complete blood workup which showed she was anemic and dehydrated. After giving her a injection of water under her skin and an appetite enhancer she is drinking and starting to eat small amounts. So our trips will have to be 3 nights or less from now on. We are too afraid of them getting away to take them with us.

On this topic cat owners need to know that our vet told us yesterday cats can only go 3 days without eating, or they completely lose their appetite. I always assumed when they get hungry or thirsty enough they'll eat or drink. But some cats are very emotional creatures, more so than dogs.

I've said before I am not a cat guy but I truly appreciate outdoor cats, in their natural element hunting!

When I moved here the lady across the street and down a bit has a yard full of cats that live under her house. Only one of them (black with white feet) adopted me and drops by. I've named him boots and he is very friendly. I am sure he would happily come inside and become a house cat but I don't want to ruin him.

When he does show up he appears hungry and I always drop a handful of kibble for him. I think like a vagabond he knows where he can get a free meal if he gets hungry.

My device must be different than some others, if I don't click on a thread I don't have to read anything in it and if I object to reviving an old thread it will let me move on without requiring I mansplain the difference in 2018 and 2023.

Courtesy or mansplaining.

Courtesy since we really don’t know each other and besides are we 100% positive (in most cases) the member we are responding to is a male or female?
OK, we should call it datesplaining then.... :sneaky:

Since we planned to full time we brought our cats with us.. They did not much like the transfer between house and rolling house but once on the road they were just fine... Though one always wanted to go out and wander... Still if she managed to sneak out we'd find her on the steps waiting to get back in (She knew which side of the door the magic FOOD DISH was on) The other one if we left the door open accidently would sit there on the top step looking like 'What you'd leave the door open for". I miss those cats.

Also, I stumbled upon this new dictionary of psychiatric terms over at fherehab.com - some interesting stuff there, especially for people like us who deal with anxiety. I'm pretty new to this forum, just looking for some support and advice. So, feel free to share your experiences and tips!

Back
Top Bottom