Any Recommendations for RV Parks Along US 285, from I-40 to Santa Fe, NM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jackliz

Howdy, Framily.
Looking for decent RV park(s) northbound on US285, from 285/I-40 intersection to Santa Fe, NM. Any recommendations?

Liz

SargeW said:
Look here for great info. Rvparkreviews.com. great site, I use it constantly.

Thanks, Sarge. I use that but couldn't find anything in that area.

Thanks for your reply,
Liz

Off hand, if I recall (and I travel that road several times a year), there's only a rest stop (pull off) in that section.  I'll look at my Streets & Trips in a bit and check.

There's a nice little city park in Moriarty but that's beyond 285. What about stopping in Santa Rosa at the state park?

I just checked and as I suspected, there is nothing on 285 or close to it between I40 & SF.  SF is devoid of good RV parks anyways.  Fortunately I'm only a few hrs from there so never consider staying in SF or near it.

Guess you could stop early in Santa Rosa:

Facilities
RV parks in Santa Rosa provide full water, sewer and electric hook-up facilities. La Loma RV Park has 25 full hook-up sites and pull-through options. Santa Rosa Campground has 100 sites for RVs and tents, with space for big rigs up to 90 feet long. RV campgrounds in Santa Rosa offer wireless Internet access and all provide dump stations, restrooms and hot showers. Santa Rosa Campground has a restaurant for evening socializing as well as a heated pool.

taoshum said:
Guess you could stop early in Santa Rosa:

Facilities
RV parks in Santa Rosa provide full water, sewer and electric hook-up facilities. La Loma RV Park has 25 full hook-up sites and pull-through options. Santa Rosa Campground has 100 sites for RVs and tents, with space for big rigs up to 90 feet long. RV campgrounds in Santa Rosa offer wireless Internet access and all provide dump stations, restrooms and hot showers. Santa Rosa Campground has a restaurant for evening socializing as well as a heated pool.

Thanks for your reply. Santa Rosa means a detour to the east. Maybe we can just find a rest area.

Thanks again,
Liz

I thought you were going to be on I-40 which would make Santa Rosa a good stop. Are you coming up 285 from Roswell? If so, it looks like there are a couple of RV parks in Vaughan, including a PA one. It's sooner than you were thinking of stopping but might be the best option. And if you just want a place to park, there's probably a truck stop or something at Cline's Corners.

Have you checked Days End?

Wendy

Howdy, Wendy.
Long time no talk!!
Yup, we are coming up on 285 from Roswell. I'll check the RV park reviews web site. Clines Corners might work. Will check Day's End, too.

Thank you,
Liz  :-D

Back
Top Bottom