any use a battery additive to recondition them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fltioga

i see there are  several battery additives out there to help rejuvenate old    lead  acid batterys,  has anyone on here tried them ?  Are they worth  the effort?

In my humble opinion, its not worth the effort.  You might try using a smart charger to desulfate the battery and gain a little more time.  I've tried some of the additives and never had much luck.

A hundred years ago when I was a know-it-all kid, they told me that aspirin rejuvenates batteries.  Wasted a dozen of my mothers aspirins to conclude 'they' were full of c**p.

nbounder said:
A hundred years ago when I was a know-it-all kid, they told me that aspirin rejuvenates batteries.  Wasted a dozen of my mothers aspirins to conclude 'they' were full of c**p.
When I was a kid, aspirin in Coke got you drunk, too.

It's been my experience that you'd have just as much luck squeezing a snake of it's 'oils' and adding it to your battery cells... ;)

If you are going to try anything, try a "desulphator" capable charger or a stand alone device.  We have had fairly good luck with them on our Ham Radio repeater batteries, flooded lead acid type.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom