Anyone have any issues with etrailer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbkb98

About 3 weeks ago I ordered 3 different parts from etrailer.com for my parents. The parents decided that they want to flat tow instead of using their tow dolly. A couple weeks prior I put their tow dolly on craigslist and got it sold for them. Now that they had the funds to purchase the items necessary to flat tow, base plate, wiring harness and bracket, we went onto etrailers website and ordered exactly what they need. The next day the money was transferred out of parents account and an email was sent saying the typical thank you for shopping blah blah blah. A week later we received another email saying the wiring harness was on back order and wont be able to receive it until mid to late June. Keep in mind, the order was placed June 7th. OK no problem I thought. Received another email saying that the wiring harness wont be available until mid July now. I explained to etrailer with a reply that all parts ordered were very necessary as soon as possible because my retired parents are getting ready to hit the road again. They emailed me back asking "what do you want to do with the order?" I told them to keep it open and to please get it to me soon. My father getting fed up from what he thinks is the run around (might not be too far off) tried to call etrailer to no avail. I guess my question is, has anyone else had issues or problems with etrailer.com? If so, what did you do to resolve it and is this a normal business practice for etrailer.com? :mad:

I've only ordered through them maybe 3 times and never had any issues.  Why don't you do a search on line for the wiring harness you need and see if you can order it someplace else. If you can and it will only take a few days (and it's in stock), cancel your order with E Trailer.

My experience with eTrailer is that they drop ship a lot of their parts, acting as somewhat of a middle man, if you will. That business model won't work well for immediate delivery, but some of the trailer parts don't lend themselves well to being stocked by anyone but the original source. Specialty stuff, special problems.

My orders went fine.

You do have, as noted above, the option to try to find a more direct source.

Nice folks to deal with! They always answer the phone right away ever time I've called.

Scott 0168  :)

I placed an order on Sunday morning and received a phone call that the 4ft wiring was on back order but would a 3ft cord be ok?  By Thursday everything was here and on my truck ready to go. My next order was Tuesday of this past week and I called because I wasn't sure of an item, not only did they help me but said because I ordered more than once they would take off 5% . Great people

I have bought from them several times. Good prices, Good service.  The first time I ordered was on a Tuesday. Thursday morning I heard a noise and found a box with four new back plates on the porch.  I'm not sure how that happened and the only thing I can think of is the shipping guy must have been standing at the door ready to put on the shipping label.  ;D  If you have any questions they have always been there when I called and I was given good info. Would I buy from them again??  ABSOLUTELY.

They shipped me the wrong plug, acknowledged their error and then took 7 days to ship the correct one to me. In this day and age of 2 day delivery that was an unacceptable response to their error. I'll not be ordering from them again.

And yes when I told my story on here, everyone told me that they'd never had any problems, just as you're hearing. Life is too short to put up with bad service. Support folks that give good service.

ken

I buy from them regularly. I like the videos on products.  I live close so can't speak to shipping. Always happy with service and price. Pleasant to talk to in person.

Have bought from them in the past, had no problems, and will continue to look there first when I need something. No screw ups to date, but since I deviate from perfect myself on rare occasions, I will most likely understand if it happens.

OLDRACER said:
Have bought from them in the past, had no problems, and will continue to look there first when I need something. No screw ups to date, but since I deviate from perfect myself on rare occasions, I will most likely understand if it happens.

I'll bet when you do deviate from perfect you take extra pains to get it right the second time? They didn't. They took their time to correct their mistake. To send the wrong plug is an understandable mistake, to then take longer to mail the right plug than the customer had to wait the first time, is not understandable.

Ken

I have ordered a lot of different items from etrailer.com in the last 6 months to set up my rig.
My experience is it is usual for all online and even brick and mortar stores to collect payment at POS.  I have not received any etrailer ?run around? and I have never had a problem with them delivering to me on the promised date. I guess because I buy items that are in stock and shop Amazon, Walmart, AdventureNet, and their associated suppliers according to my immediate need and pay the extra shipping cost to expedited deliveries when needed.  I always check the customer reviews also.  Etrailer.com has excellent prices, product selection and shipment packaging; never a damaged part received. They have even sent a follow-up email asking for feedback on their service and provide an opportunity to submit a picture of my application of the products in question.  Etrailer.com is one of the better companies I have dealt with and I have confidence in shopping with them in the future. 
As for the OP statement [etrailer] ?emailed me back asking what do you want to do with the order-I told them to keep it open and to please get it to me soon?  How can one be fed up with this response? I would have taken the option of canceling the order, but first, I would have tried to find it someplace else before I found myself going back to etrailer.com
FYI, some videos on my purchase/projects can be found on my Youtube.
Happy Travels! 8)

received base plate last week and just got an email that the rest of the items have been shipped. Thnx all.

I've had nothing but good experiences with them. Once, when part of a 5th wheel hitch arrived damaged, they shipped out a new one imeediately. I received the replacement a day before the truck came to pick up the damaged one.

I have also found that no matter how much time I spend looking for the best price on any item, nobody ever seems to beat them.

Joel

bucks2 said:
I'll bet when you do deviate from perfect you take extra pains to get it right the second time? They didn't. They took their time to correct their mistake. To send the wrong plug is an understandable mistake, to then take longer to mail the right plug than the customer had to wait the first time, is not understandable.

Ken
Yes, but over the years  I also realized  that no matter how much i  try and how well i do, someone somewhere sometime will think I am a complete idiot and be sure that they could with no effort at all do it better.

I report my experience with the company. As always, yours may vary. I will never buy from them again because of the poor service I received. Your continued purchases will keep them in business. And that's what makes the world go around.

Remember it's your opinion that they could do it with no effort, I never said that. In my opinion, good service takes effort every day. I worked hard all my working life to give the best service I could.

Ken

I have had many dealings with eTrailer over the last couple of years, all of which have been satisfactory.  There was one time that they didn't have something in stock which was on a two-week back order, so I ordered it from Amazon.  That's hardly something to complain about, though.  I have ordered the wrong parts and returned them as much as 30 days later without eTrailer even batting an eye.  They are always very helpful on the phone, and their installation videos are comprehensive and invaluable. 

Bruce

i know this is a very old thread ?, but i will toss in my .02's worth from my recent purchase. after measuring 5 or more times on my camper door, called etrailer, the rep confirmed my measurements on the lippert fold up steps, placed the order ( a lof of money for these steps ! ), was shipped out, got them within 3 days, fantastic i thought !, go to install them, no hardware, no instructions, steps had scratches all over it, WRONG SIZE !. called them, sent pics with an email, was told i would receive a rma in 12-48 hrs, when does this happen in this age of tech ?. anyway, still waiting on rma, was told i would get a full refund. ordered another step after calling lippert to find out what size i needed, placed order with etrailer again for this model, they show label made, not picked up yet by ups ( we all know how ups is ! ), still no word on tracking yet ?, every time i call etrailer, i am on hold for at least 30 min's before i get someone on the phone. be warned...do what ever you have to do to get your part...BUT DO NOT BUY FROM ETRAILER !!.

About 3 weeks ago I ordered 3 different parts from etrailer.com for my parents. The parents decided that they want to flat tow instead of using their tow dolly. A couple weeks prior I put their tow dolly on craigslist and got it sold for them. Now that they had the funds to purchase the items necessary to flat tow, base plate, wiring harness and bracket, we went onto etrailers website and ordered exactly what they need. The next day the money was transferred out of parents account and an email was sent saying the typical thank you for shopping blah blah blah. A week later we received another email saying the wiring harness was on back order and wont be able to receive it until mid to late June. Keep in mind, the order was placed June 7th. OK no problem I thought. Received another email saying that the wiring harness wont be available until mid July now. I explained to etrailer with a reply that all parts ordered were very necessary as soon as possible because my retired parents are getting ready to hit the road again. They emailed me back asking "what do you want to do with the order?" I told them to keep it open and to please get it to me soon. My father getting fed up from what he thinks is the run around (might not be too far off) tried to call etrailer to no avail. I guess my question is, has anyone else had issues or problems with etrailer.com? If so, what did you do to resolve it and is this a normal business practice for etrailer.com? :mad:
wow have I. I ordered a trailer hitch from them. Was Initially impressed. "delivered in 3 days". Sure enough. got it in 3 days. looked like it had been dragged behind UPS. top and bottom were scraped to bare metal and gouged up. Etrailer said I had 3 options. UNCONDITIONAL return/refund. exchange. or partial refund (to buy paint with). I took the paint option. Though I was pissed at UPS. I filed a complaint with them. figuring I would get shipping charge worth back, they would know they messed up and move on with life. UPS decide that they really messed it up and issued a 100% refund..... TO ETRAILER. I contacted Etrailer. they said NO we dont have an unconditional refund, MAYBE an exchange. but as I already took the paint options. those were both gone. and they are keeping the refund. so in the end. they got paid twice (minus $15) and i got a brand new hitch that I had to paint, and a pain in the ars run around with UPS. way to go Etrailer! Initially, thought they were great. Now? NOT SO MUCH.

Back
Top Bottom