Anyone Have to Replace 3rd Brake light on RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carl63_99

Right now my 1997 Coachmen Catalina passes inspection, but I've always felt the Texas State inspection was the BARE minimum.  The problem is the 3rd brake light cover isn't really red anymore; it's more of a yellowish-orange and it bothers me.  I've tried several places for just the lense, and nobody seems to carry anything like this anymore.  So I figure I need to find a 3rd brake light kit to replace the whole unit.  Has anyone done this and found a good 3rd brake-light only that surface mounts?  I've seen several that include running light and turn signals, but I just want one brake light, as this light is mounted very high on the middle of the RV's back and running any additional wires is out.

Thanks,

Carl

Carl,

Is there any information on the lens??  It there is you may be able to contact the manufacturer and either get a replacement or a new assembly possibly with LEDs.

It's worth a try.

The lights on my RV came from Monarch, which I can't find any source for online.  The piece I need, CRV #462622 -NLA
from the Coachmen catalog.  I haven't had any luck with contacting Coachmen and went to several online and brick and mortar places.  I think I'll check out that one that Dick posted a link to.

Thanks,

Carl

carl63_99 said:
I haven't had any luck with contacting Coachmen
Are you saying you could not contact Coachmen or that they could not help you?  Here's their "contact" web page if you haven't found them.  I've contacted them a couple of times and they've been very responsive - once by phone and one by email.  Although I doubt if they would stock lens that old, they can probably point you to the original mfgr of the taillight assembly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihesselden
Back
Top Bottom