Anyone install the 5 Star tune system?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
decaturbob said:
I need to research this more.  The last time out west, I couldn't really leave my Class C on cruise control because of the overshifting of the tranny.  This system sounds like a solution for that

I found that when using cruise control on our C, I need to help it think a bit. I see the upcoming incline and start easing into the accelerator. The cruise control just takes too long to make an adjustment. By the time it does, the tranny needs to unlock the convertor, kick out of overdrive, and then downshift. Then I end up running 4500 rpm to try to maintain speed. By anticipating the hills, easing into the accelerator let's you control the tranny a bit and helps keep the rpms down. I still would like a 5 Star Tune to do that for me. It would probably do a better job.

In a situation like this, I just turn the overdrive off. 
I would like to change the 3/2 downshift point on my trans, but I'm not ready to spend $500 for that yet.
If anyone is interested I have a Five Star Tune for $350. We?ve had to come off the road to care for my mother who is turning 95 and requires daily care and can?t live alone anymore.

For those who have installed the tune, how did you deal with the aux brake pump while loading the software? Let it run or pull the fuse?

NY_Dutch said:
It took about 10 minutes to relocate my OBDII socket to an easy to reach location.

Well, looking at my Bounder it looks like this connection would be pretty easy to get at except that area high on the steering wheel is covered pretty tightly by a plastic cowling. Not clear to me just how to remove that.

jymbee said:
Well, looking at my Bounder it looks like this connection would be pretty easy to get at except that area high on the steering wheel is covered pretty tightly by a plastic cowling. Not clear to me just how to remove that.

I didn't remove anything except two hex head screws holding the socket in place with a short 1/4" drive ratchet/socket and the wire tie holding the cable loop. Then I used two self-drilling screws to mount the socket in the new location. I did have to lay on my side on the dog house to reach the original location up under the dash.

Mine wasn't even screwed in place.  Just hanging from the end of it's harness which was taped to another harness.

Dragginourbedaround said:
If anyone is interested I have a Five Star Tune for $350. We?ve had to come off the road to care for my mother who is turning 95 and requires daily care and can?t live alone anymore.

I would be interested, I have read up on it and seems good.  I understand you need to send it in to get program to match your coach?  Mine is a 2000 Ford F53 chassis, V10.  What is yours?

Just went back, we both have 37' Adventurers but mine is a 2000 yours is a 2013.  Is the company OK with sending new program to second owners?

You don?t need a new program. The Five Star Tuning is all you need. I just have to set my coach back to factory settings, then it?s ready to be used on another vehicle.

Let me know when you are ready.  We are heading out on Dec 26th, would be nice to see the results on our return trip.  Although it is more downhill back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack1776
Back
Top Bottom