Anyone try "Mouse-Free"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FunSteak said:
Well darn it!  I'm hoping that since there are no food products or residues in the containers that they won't be inclined to go through the effort.  ::crosses fingers::

In my case they have chewed through anything that contained food. They also chewed that which was readily available that was good for nesting.  I am betting they will not chew through plastic unless it contains food or is blocking their way to food.

JoelP said:
In my case they have chewed through anything that contained food. They also chewed that which was readily available that was good for nesting.  I am betting they will not chew through plastic unless it contains food or is blocking their way to food.

Our thoughts, as well.  We decided right away to remove anything edible - even toothpaste and such.  Plus, who wants to use spices or crackers or something that have been sitting all winter? 

I sure hope I'm just being a worry-wart, but man, mouse damage/residue in any vehicle is no bueno!

JoelP said:

Tell that to the plastic trash can I have in my garage. They got on top of it and ate a hole right through the lid. All I had in it were clean rags I use around the garage. They made a nest in there after they got in.

i had a mouse prob in my 5th wheel i have started using Cab Fresh i have yet to see any trace of a mouse in the last two years.  just bought this years supply

What is Cab Fresh??  I have heard people use.an oil, like peppermint or maybe lavender... ?

Gordiegaffer said:
i had a mouse prob in my 5th wheel i have started using Cab Fresh i have yet to see any trace of a mouse in the last two years.  just bought this years supply

This stuff?  https://www.earthkind.com/fresh-cab/

Interesting.  Seems like the "essential oils" are the common ingredient on these sort of products.  I'm guessing it smells a lot better than mothballs to us humans.  ;)

tanglemoose said:
What is Cab Fresh??  I have heard people use.an oil, like peppermint or maybe lavender... ?

We have used this product for three winters. We also put out traps. We have never had to empty a trap and haven?t seen evidence of a mouse. We remove all linens and towels. All pots and pans go in tubs in the living area, along with dishes. Everything comes out of the medicine cabinet, including things like hair brushes and tooth brushes. We remove all paper products like manuals and toilet paper.

Cab fresh works really well. I have used it for the last 4 years in both of my TT and have seen
no evidence of any little critters. The problem is getting more at the moment. The factory seems
to be having some issues. Not sure what they are but every supplier is back ordered and it may
be 3 to 4 months before a new supply becomes available.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom