Anyone use the BatteryMINDer to keep your batterys charged?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marcb

Looking for a way to keep the camper battery charged without having to keep camper pluged in 24/7.

I'm thinking that something like the BatteryMINDer would be bettery, plus save the onboard charging system. However, can I used the Batteryminder and keep the battery hooked up so I can use the lights and slide-out; will it do any damage to the on-board circuitry?

Your insight is appreciated; thank you!

If you're referring to the BatteryMINDer desulphators, they don't charge the batteries, they do an intermittent equalizing.  A charging system is still needed.

As Ned said the BatteryMinder won't do a good job of being a battery charger - the output is only about 1.5 amps.
If connected to a charged battery it will do a great job of keeping it charged though. It can be left on the battery all the time without overcharging it. It can be left connected while the battery is being charged by your converter or a battery charger.

I have had one connected to my motor home engine battery for seven years since we are often parked in one spot for months and my engine battery is charged by the converter.

We are 1/3 owners of a commercial peach orchard in CO. It has three tractors and a wind machine. All of the batteries are removed and connected to one Battery Minder all winter. It has worked great in that application for five years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom