Are these big issues?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The family and I purchased our 06 Fleetwood providence last year for 80k. We absolutely love it. What worried me the most was the low milage.  (17,480)

All the matinance records were with the manuals. So I was stoked about that. The dealership was good enough to provide me with the previous owners telephone # so they could answer some questions that they , the dealership,  couldn't answer. 

We had a few problems since we've made the purchase.  But nothing that would be out of the ordinary. 

The one thing I would like to point out is. Fleetwood has made a recall for the norcold refrigerator.  This in not a model spasfic recall. It has something to do with the refrigerator. 

In the external access panel for the refrigerator,  their is an lil brown box ( maybe 2"x3" rectangular). That is a temperature cencor that will cut 12v power to the fridge in case it begins to over heat. This caused me some trouble when I first bought the coach.

Gary rv roamer helped me with fixing that problem with a place to purchase a replacement for this. (Thank you so much for your help with that Gary)

Also, while searching for problems with this recall box for the fridge.  I ran across a chassis spasfic recall for the Spartans 06 chassis.  It had something to do with the steering mechanical box at the end of the steering shaft near the left front wheel.

I called spartan on this recall and found that my chassis is an 05, and fell just before the recall year. At that time I registered the coach under my name with spartan. They called me later in the day and thanked me for making my purchase and reassured me that all recalls on that chassis were up to date for my coach.

I don't know if any of the information I've said will be any help to you or this thread. Just thought it may be helpful if I chimed in.

Good luck on your search for the perfect motorhome! 

Just a shout out to all the people here. I LOVE THIS FORUM AND APRECIAT ALL OF THE HELPFUL INFORMATION!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom