Are You Serious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DearMissMermaid

Craigslist never fails to provide endless entertainment in the RV section. It's amazing what folks will post there.

This posting in Charleston SC Craigslist left me wondering... would anyone actually pay a $400 deposit on a RENTED spare tire then return it in hopes of a $350 refund?

Carry a spare? Rent my Michelin tire for your trip. - $50 (James Island)

I have a new unmounted Michelin XRV 255/80/22.5 that only has one trip from Charleston to Daytona and back. 5214 date code, so it is relatively new. I have been trying to sell the tire for $400, but think someone might want to rent it for their summer trip. I will rent the tire for $50 for a 2 week period, longer, we can discuss.
So here's the deal.
Before your trip, come pick up the tire, and give me a $400 deposit, then if it is unused and in same condition, I will return their deposit, less the fee. This will keep someone from sitting on the side of the road waiting for a specific hard to find tire, then, when you return, you don't have to worry about storing it.. If you end up keeping it, then no problem.. Make sense?
If you are wanting to try this, send me a phone number we can discuss. No need to ask if available. I won't reply. If you see this ad, then it is available. simple..

https://charleston.craigslist.org/rvs/5636716549.html

Do you think his phone is ringing off the hook?

Do you think his phone is ringing off the hook?

Of course not!  What a dumb ad.

Now, if he had included a $5 coupon in the ad, THEN he would have his phone ringing.  ;)

Thanks, now I know what to do with my old Toyo tires, 25$ up front, 0 deposit and hop[e they dont bring it back. Easy tire disposal. Do you think anyone would fall for it??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom