Arizona RV Parks do NOT welcome you if younger than 55.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dar

......we have been trying to find a RV Park in the Phoenix area (preferably near Chandler) for the past week but we are either too young or our dog (58 lbs) is too big or they are booked up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

They said that Florida is the retirement state but we have NEVER had issues finding a place there, always felt welcomed. Arizona, not so much. :eek: We need someplace for a month or more.

Thanks in advance and have a wonderful day!

You didn't mention your age.  Heck, if you're close to 50..ish, just tell them your 55... They ain't going to ask for ID's, if you got the cash and they got the room.
Little different if you have the kids with you..  Then you really wouldn't want to stay there anyways.
However, I know the feeling. At age 60 the DW and I were by far the youngest couple in the park.
Never met so many people in their 90's in one place.
That being said, suggest you check out the state parks and BLM. Such as the LOST DUTCHMAN SP  You may have to move every couple of weeks or boom dock. There are also KOA and Good Sam RV parks in AZ. 
KOA 1540 South Tomahawk Rd. Apache Junction AZ Info 480-982 4015  Reservations 800-562-3404 (according to the 2014 KOA Directory)

Most parks have areas for pets that they keep separated from those without pets.  Some have bred restrictions.  Is your's one of them? 

I seen prices at RV parks from $300.00 and up in AZ.  Up around Phoenix,  you'll be in the higher end... $600.00 plus month plus electric.

Hope that helps.

WildBill

WildBill

Thanks also for the info as we will be also be in that area and have a small dog and are also younger.

Try Sunflower RV Resort. We've stayed there a few times. They've always treated us very well even though we didn't make the age requirements. Very friendly people.

-Roni

Thanks WildBill, yeah I should have mentioned we are 48 & 50 and are currently staying in the KOA you mentioned. Thanks for providing all the good info and suggestions, we may just end up bouncing around like you recommended.

Good luck Colleen, good news is you have one advantage...."SMALL" dog.

Thanks Roni, but that is a little further out than we were hoping for as a daily commute.

Keep those suggestions coming cause we are still looking ;).

Thanks, Dar

Desert Trails RV park near Tucson should suit you well, 2 dog runs one for small dogs ,the other for large, plus no age restriction. PLUS NICE PEOPLE
Howard

Dar, maybe this is too far away but we stayed at Skyline RV resort last year in Queen Creek. Its about 24 mi from Chandler but great people and nice park. They were ok with our 3 dogs (incl 75 lb lab) and had no prob with our age. Price was about the lowest in the area too.

http://skylineresortqc.com/

Dar, maybe this is too far away but we stayed at Skyline RV resort last year in Queen Creek. Its about 24 mi from Chandler but great people and nice park. They were ok with our 3 dogs (incl 75 lb lab) and had no prob with our age. Price was about the lowest in the area too.

I was just looking at their site and it says they have a 35lb weight limit on dogs. :(

Paul & Ann said:
Check out this place, it may work for you.  http://tempetraveltrailervilla.com/

Paul

Thanks Paul but according to the rules; no dogs over 35lbs. This explains why there are so many large dogs here at the KOA, they are just not welcome anywhere else in this area.

Break is over, back to looking for CG's....... ::)

Sorry about that.  I knew the place allowed people under 55 to stay there, and that the place allowed dogs, but I hadnt read the rules regarding the size of dogs until after I posted.

Paul

I was just looking at their site and it says they have a 35lb weight limit on dogs. :(

I know, I think that is pretty standard language but call them. They also had something about 2 dogs max and it is why I called them first. I just called about reservations and explained what I had for dogs and he said no problem (remember I have a 75 lb lab). We stayed there and had no issues with anyone, very friendly people (owners & campers).
The point is, don't just look at a website, call and talk to an owner to see what they really allow.

12. ALL MONTHLY TENANTS are responsible for their LOT MAINTENANCE including the removal of leaves and
weeds and spraying for weeds, ants and other insects.

I saw this listed in the rules at the Tempe Travel Trailer Villa. Is this normal for monthly or seasonal campgrounds? Its the first Ive seen.

Caryl

I thought that was odd also.  I will let you know as a brother is staying there now on a monthly basis.

Paul

I don't know when you are planning to visit the Phoenix area but do remember that the Super Bowl takes place there and that they expect lots of visitors then!

Elly

Elly Dalmaijer said:
I don't know when you are planning to visit the Phoenix area but do remember that the Super Bowl takes place there and that they expect lots of visitors then!
Elly

Interesting point Elly. I wonder how many RV'ers attend the Super Bowl. It is Feb 1st so we will also be sure to keep that in mind. Thanks

Mavarick said:
I know, I think that is pretty standard language but call them.
Called several, it's like trying to get accepted into the military. Want drivers license and everything. CRAZY. Might have to get a fake ID and wear a disguise  8) LOL Although I believe I look old enough, just don't ask for my ID.

We paid for a month at Mesa Spirits which has 1800 sites, the largest we have ever stayed at and a bit pricey with all the festivities that we most likely won't partake in due to working but they took us and our gigantic beast in so I won't complain. Their website states they are an "age restricted" resort, whatever that means but we registered in person so if they thought our age was a problem that would have been the time to address it. Whoohoo, we are NOT landless for the next month. ;D

Thanks to everyone for your input, greatly appreciated!

Dar, you'll be our neighbour! Two years ago DH and I bought a double wide manufactured home in the park next to Mesa Spirit!

Elly

I was camping in FL one year, back in 1982.  Stayed at a KOA.  The lady in teh site next to me had a chimanzee.  Yep, coolest pet ever.  She could not get in a state park with the chimp.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gurrenteed
Back
Top Bottom