Arkansas RV Park Flooded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WeatherWunder

At least six people died at an Arkansas campground after heavy rain and flash flooding, a Polk County sheriff's officer told CNN on Friday.

Sudden rain put as much as 3 inches of rain in one hour in the area and the floodwaters went through the campground, which only has one access road, Officer Cindy Martin with the Polk County Arkansas Sheriff?s Office said.

She said the rain was so bad it wiped out phone service in parts of Howard, Pike, and Montgomery counties.

Martin told CNN there are still a ?bunch of people still missing? in the area.

I've heard the death toll up to 12 now and hundreds are missing, I'm waiting for
the noon news to come and get an update.

I think I'm going to put 2 life jackets upstairs in the coach.  Never thought about it but one for daughter and I possibly behind front seats or under the dinette seats.  May sound silly, but you never know and it might save us someday. Of course happening at that time of night who knows.  But I hear everything and I am not early to bed, I probably would have still been up watching TV or reading.

This was a terrible thing to happen and its not over yet, sounds like they are not sure how many died.  Also will watch forecasts and not camp in low lying areas if it looks like a rain coming in.  You can never be to careful.  I feel so terribly sorry for those people and their families.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDCda5th
Back
Top Bottom