Assisted with a suicide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

halfwright

I do not know what had happened in this poor creatures life to make death more appealing than living. I got a quick glimpse of her face before she jumped from behind a car going the opposite direction. She did look frightened and confused just before she ran into the side of my truck. She was not a very big deer, but she did tear off the drivers side mirror. The motor home behind me happened to stop at the same park that we did and he said she did not suffer.

A mirror for a F250 costs $371 and running the wires for the controls through the inside of the door is a PITA.

I have always used deer whistles on my RV.  At the same time I wonder if they really work.  Glad you were not hurt.

Multiple scientific tests have shown that deer whistles are totally ineffective.

http://www.usroads.com/journals/rmj/9705/rm970503.htm
(Scroll down to "Whistles and Other Noisemakers")

halfwright said:
A mirror for a F250 costs $371 and running the wires for the controls through the inside of the door is a PITA.

Mirrors for newer F250"s, that have all the options, are well over $1,000.

I had the same kind of thing happen only it was a suicidal tree!  Jumped right out there!!!

Those dang trees really have a mind of their own. ;D I had an argument with a moose, truck 1 moose no score. Scared the bejabbers out of me and it was a cold ride home at -30 with a broken passenger door window.

JoelP said:
I have always used deer whistles on my RV.  At the same time I wonder if they really work.  Glad you were not hurt.

I contemplated deer whistles after my 3rd deer strike. The body shop guy: "half the cars I fix have deer whistles and half don't."

A few days ago as we were traveling in northern Illinois, a flock of Canadian Geese were slowly flying and moving toward the road. One decided he or she would come on across the road. It hit our motorhome with a huge "bang". The last I saw, it was rolling toward the curb. Nothing that I could do. When we got to the campground a quick check showed no damage to the MH or toad.

Rene, they can jump 3-4 feet. I think they are cool animals but very suicidal like deers too!

https://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/armadillo.html

pnkdmnd said:
Ever hit an armadillo? They jump right before you hit them, tearing up your radiator..ugggg

Why does it take 3 people to eat an armadillo?

2 to flag traffic while the other eats.

Back
Top Bottom