Austin, Nevada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmugs

We've heard some good things about Austin, Nv and will be headed up that way after Tonopah. I've been told there's a lot of switchbacks and curves going up into the town. Anyone been there, done that??

Also, any info on sights to see and maybe hot springs we can get to without a toad. I'm on oxygen and can walk a little way, but no long hikes for me.

Thanks for any insight.

Hi Tom, thanks for your reply.
Hope things are going well for you.

Any word on hot springs between Amargosa and Austin without using commercial places??

Did a search for Hot Springs in Nevada and it came up with this
http://www.rei.com/guidepost/detail/nevada/hot-springs/spencer-hot-springs/23575
and on the bottom of the page is has a link to ?See all Hot Springs in Nevada?.
Be careful many hot spring in NV can scald you. 
North of Beatty there is a RV park that has hot springs. 
Are you taking 376 from Tonopah to hwy 50?  If you are this is a beautiful drive through the Big Smokey Valley. 
Have a great trip, Dick 

Austin, Nevada.....brings back memories of Memorial Day weekend last year........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=74330.msg1022596#msg1022596

One of the locals told me that they've had a freak snow storm the last five Memorial Day weekends in a row!

Thanks for the tips y'all.
Dick, we're looking forward to the drive.
We found Bailey's outside of Beatty and just got out of the middle temp spring....Ahhh, relaxing. This is our second day, so by check out tomorrow we both should be in max-relax mode.

Bailey's is old, but the couple managing it work hard to keep it nice. The facilities are clean, as are the grounds. Only about a dozen spaces.
The springs are enclosed with locking doors for privacy. You can soak as many times you like, giving consideration if they are busy (rarely). Cost of a space is $25.

Back
Top Bottom