Awning Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trooper253

I recently purchased a 2008 Cedar Creek 362BSA from a dealer that had it on consignment.  The dealer is still working with the previous owners to find the manuals that came with the unit.  In the meantime I have been having a few issues with the awning.  It has the A&E Power awning and it works very slow when retracting.  I have read on other threads that a bad wind/rain sensor can cause this.  The wind/rain sensor was a option on the 2008 Cedar Creeks according the the brocure I found on the web. How do I determine if it has the sensor ?  Any help would be appreciated.

If you look on the control box there should be a switch (probably a toggle) marked enable and disable. Sensors are either a kind of mushroom shaped thing on the roof or in the awning arm. The kind of symptoms you describe can also be caused by lack of lubrication at pivot points, poor connection typically corrosion at the motor, weak batteries - you need a full 12V for the awning to work correctly, spring tension needing tightened, a bad motor, or a bad control board. You can download a troubleshooting manual here http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-Products/Manuals-and-Instructions2/

Good luck.

I don't have that type of switch on my awning switch so I guess it does not have the sensor.  All the other things you mention I plan on doing when I get back home.  This is our first trip in this camper and we are working some bugs out.  Thanks

Back
Top Bottom