Back up Camera help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaronfisher

I'm looking at getting a back up cam for my 08 Chevy 2500HD and my questions is in the opinion in the fellow RVers out there what ones do you use and will i need to replace my GPS?

I just put a Road Max GPS/Backup camera combo on my MH.  Tomorrow will be the first trip out with it. I wired it into a switch on the dash so I can use it as a rear monitor camera as well..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse?storeId=10101&Pr=p_CATENTRY_ID%3A100000525527&productId=100000525527&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&rlid=group_listing

aaronfisher said:
I'm looking at getting a back up cam for my 08 Chevy 2500HD and my questions is in the opinion in the fellow RVers out there what ones do you use and will i need to replace my GPS?

I would think that your existing GPS will work fine with an add-on backup camera, unless you want the two to integrate?  If so we'd probably need make/model of the existing GPS.

The Roadmax system worked fantastic as a rear view camera on my trip this weekend.  I knew were I was going so I didn't use the GPS part but I did let it track me and it was accurate on the map.

Back
Top Bottom