Back Up Cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrwpmw

I purchased a VR3 Backup Camera for $100.00 from Walmart.  Says it works great on RV's.  Fortunately I tested it before hooking it up, fuzzy picture when like 20 feet away, I checked their support site and it turns out the range is only 19'!!!  Not good when when you have a 31' TT.

So when it comes to these cheaper models Back Up Cameras (under $200.00) what are you all using that works?  If you have the brand/model and where you got it that would be great!

Just an update.

Peak (antifreeze people) has a  license plate mount backup camera with transmitter (without a transmitter these wireless cameras are pretty much useless after 20 feet or so).  SAMs Clubs has one on sale (at least in MO) for less than $100.00 with a 7" LCD.  Yep a 7" LCD compared to those 2.5" ones.

I hooked it up, I get a decent signal, the transmitter is only about 15 feet long and I mounted it under the RV.  I called Peak and they don't make a longer one yet, and they said splicing one and extending it will not work.

In any case, it's a real good deal for the price. I get fair reception on it, best that I think that I'm going to get on a wireless.  You can also use the LCD for other things - games, etc.

The Peak rear view camera from Sam's is really the best in its class. FYI Peak has rated the wireless range at 100'. Signal quality should be the same at any range upto a 100'. If there is local interference it will diminish the signal whether the range is 10' for 90'...

If anyone needs detailed technical info Peak Safety View has excellent customer service, their hotline is (800)477-5847.

For any of you that are having problems finding it in store I am selling it on ebay, "buy it now" for 77.95 free shipping.

Just type 270458069634 into any ebay search bar and it will pull it up.

A few years ago, I bought a wireless camera off e-bay for mine. It has a tested range of about 100 feet, and works great on my RV. I installed it so that I can unmount it reasonably easily and use it for any other purpose that comes up.

Maybe I bought it from ryanortego?

Back
Top Bottom