Basement Heating A/C help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bob T

Afternoon everyone

Hope someone here can assist.

I have 08 Vectra 40TD and one of the compressors in basement heating/a/c has locked up.

Have after market warranty and it will be covered but I just got call from dealer telling me neither parts or replacement new units available, not made and haven?t been for years.

I know that in November I looked and found a couple of places that had units (new stock) in stock but all that info is in the motorhome which is 2hrs away and with Corona virus, I can?t just get in to locate notes.

I need to try and find a new unit.  My unit model number is Coleman airexcel model 6537-871.

Is there anyone out there that might have name of supplier?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Dyersonline.com has the compressor.  $445.

Edit.
They also have another basement unit that probably can be modified to repłace your unif.

https://www.dyersonline.com/coleman-two-ton-plus-central-ac-with-heat-pump.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gclid=Cj0KCQjwpNr4BRDYARIsAADIx9x7FXXgCbBHfd_njhcbnsS5iqKO9RWRHW7B8csXeOjtFK_7qttmR0QaAsYTEALw_wcB

Thanks Paul, I have an email out to them and hopefully they will reply with some good news.
When this all gets settled, I will be sure to post what I find here.

Dyersonline mentioned by ChasA is a great place to buy what you need if it is available.  In 2016 I bought a new unit from them. The new model for my old 6535A871 is 46515-811. Price was way better than I could get locally, shipping was free, and it was delivered 5 days after I ordered it.  My understanding of the difference between the models is where the air outlet hole is located.  The conditioned air outlet on my 46515-811 is on the back of the unit, and I believe yours is on the top of the unit?

From what I know, there's the long/wide condenser (the fins on the front) version and the short width condenser version which is my model and is no longer available. My air discharge is bottom rear on the outside of the box with the air intake on the rear top.

The brown Santa will be delivering a new compressor today so I need to drop the unit again - ugh  ::) . I'm going to have my AC guy change it out.

I asked my contact at Winnebago what does factory service do when they need to repair the basement air units. If the parts or entire unit isn't available their option is to install roof airs instead. Wow.

I got the same option suggested by dealer.
I would just hate to imagine the absolute mess they would make of the job.
Probably want to poke through roof above panel (at very back) and run wire across top to unit.
That would do the front roof a/c in place of my exhaust fan, then second would replace bathroom exhaust fan.
Prefer not to go there.

Back in about 2007 or 2008 we were at factory service and I noticed an '04 or '05 Vectra with three roof airs  :eek: . I thought it was some kind of test mule for Winnebago but no, it was privately owned. The guy said he likes it cold, little did I know he was ahead of his time.

I believe this unit (upgraded version) (46515) is still available.  I still shows up on Coleman Mach website.  www.airxcel.com.

This has the intake towards the rear of coach, and the discharge is towards the center of the coach.

I hope I am right as I will be needing one soon.....

AirMarv

Welcome to the forum. The 46515 is the one that is long (or wide if you prefer) and not tall unlike the model that's unobtanium.

Got my new compressor - made by Tecumseh in the USA  :))

I replaced my model 46515-811 last October.  They are still available and easy to install.  However, IMHO it is a two man job.  All the old wiring plugged in and it worked on the first try.

The discharge (air out) is the port on the left in the picture on Airxcel's website.  The intake (air in) is on the left side in back.

John Canfield said:
Welcome to the forum. The 46515 is the one that is long (or wide if you prefer) and not tall unlike the model that's unobtanium.

Got my new compressor - made by Tecumseh in the USA  :))

Great news John
Would it be possible that you could post the model number of the Tecumseh compressor you got for yours.
Thanks very much
Bob

Bob - the compressor RVP part number is 1450-2149. Not too many online sources, I found one for around $460.

Edit - I bought it from this place: https://colemanmachac.com/

Thank you John.
Hope everything goes perfectly for you on this job.
Bob

Thanks Bob. Hope to drop the AC unit maybe in a month or so, I've got a bunch of projects underway.

Forgot to mention I bought a spare control board for the basement unit a few years ago, thought it would be good to have on hand if these ever got to be complete orphans.

Back
Top Bottom