Bathroom Walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krissyg

I have a 1965 Holiday Rambler travel trailer. I gutted the bathroom and I'm not sure what to use for the walls. I need something that will be waterproof/resistant because the shower is in the middle of the bathroom. It's an all in one. Any ideas are welcome.

Home improvement stores sell waterproof panels for bath use. Typically they look like marble, but you can get more styles if you are willing to order.  Or just use regular wood paneling and paint with an alkyd enamel, marine, or similar water-resistant paint and seal any seams with tub & tile caulk.

Yeah, the bath/shower panels come in a variety of colors and styles like plain, textured, tile patterns.  You can get PVC edge trim and bead to go with it.  Only caution to those is they need to be adhered to a substrate, otherwise over time they can bubble/bow and look tacky.  For something a bit more durable a synthetic sheet like avonite or corian would look great and is pretty sturdy.  I've used it for shower walls, tub surrounds and counters in my S&B houses.

Whatever you tore out of there would be an option if it's lasted since 1965.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I am also remodeling my bathroom. I am leaning toward using regular wall panels and some vinyl wallpaper.

I was looking at some remodeling ideas on Pininterest and saw a very unusual idea for a bathroom wall. They had used corrugated sheet metal like you would see in a barn or shed. With the other accessories they used, it really was a nice looking bathroom. Definitely waterproof!

Vicki

shorts said:
I was looking at some remodeling ideas on Pininterest and saw a very unusual idea for a bathroom wall. They had used corrugated sheet metal like you would see in a barn or shed. With the other accessories they used, it really was a nice looking bathroom. Definitely waterproof!

Vicki

The trick is to seal the sheet metal. Otherwise, it would just rust. I really considered doing this on ours, but my wife didn't like the look.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom