Batteries questions here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Battery Guru

I have been in the battery industry for almost 15 years.  I currently travel across the country, Canada and Mexico, helping people solve battery issues.  Batteries can be one of the biggest headaches for the owner of a boat or RV.  Please send your questions my way so you can make an informed decision on what to do.  I will always give the most truthful answer available. 

Battery Guru

Thanks for the invite, Guru.  Could you give us a bit more detail on your expertise? 

Are you in Sales; Engineering; that kind of stuff.
Since you are a newbee to the forum we all would  appreciate it.  And welcome to our forum.

We have an old motorhome - the batteries are in the front and there is only room for a starting battery and two house batteries.  Unfortunately, there is only enough room for 2 group 24 batteries, and this is not very satisfactory.  Is there some other combination that we could use or a single battery, that would fit in the same space, that would be  more satisfactory?

Thank you for your time.

You have room for two G-24's.. how much "Headroom" do you have, that is could your tray take a TALLER battery.. Like a GC-2.

Two GC-2 six volt in series = 3 Group 24 in parallel. Roughly.

Battery Guru,

Welcome to the RV Forum.
I moved this topic so it would be more visible to those looking for help.

ken

should be possible to put in two 6v golfers, which will give you a much better cycle life and a bigger reserve.  You need almost 10 inches of clearance in height.

I am in sales Carson.  I would keep the company anonymous for now because I am here to answer general questions about batteries and charging problems. 

davencjkan said:
We have an old motorhome - the batteries are in the front and there is only room for a starting battery and two house batteries.  Unfortunately, there is only enough room for 2 group 24 batteries, and this is not very satisfactory.  Is there some other combination that we could use or a single battery, that would fit in the same space, that would be  more satisfactory?

Thank you for your time.
I think your rig already has (or was originally equipped with) two six volt batteries for the house.  They may just be worn out.

Need to because of a new battery configuration?? No, 2 six volt batteries in series = 12V (but with a better capacity). Want to?? Would depend on what converter you have now. If the current one is a single stage charging system, you could change to a 3 stage unit but.... $$$ if not really needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom