Batteries too heavy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just Lou said:
Try lifting that 60lb battery to chin level, extending it out to arms length (through a 12" high opening), lowering it to waist level behind the grill and positioning it to the left or right onto a battery tray/shelf.  I seriously doubt that one-in-ten people can do it at 47 much less 74.  I have no intention of starting any kind of exercise program at 79.

Whokares2 and Lou, totally agree  Missed that minor consideration.    :-[ 

Lou Schneider said:
My 4D battery weighs 110 lbs.  The 8D AGM that's replacing it weighs 130 lbs.

Still want to dead lift them in and out?  ;)

Sure why not? I'll give it a try. I throw my 110# Segways in the trunk of the car all the time.  ;D ;D

garyb1st said:
Working smarter is good.  Exercise is good.  For people mechanically challenged like me, working smarter some times makes the problem worse.  :-[ 
At 74 I'm no where near as strong as I was 10 years ago.  But I can still lift a 50-60 lb battery if necessary.  Suggest anyone having difficulty moving a standard battery start a strength training program.  It's only going to get harder.
What's a standard battery? All six batteries in my Beaver were well over 100 lbs each. You're probably thinking of the 6V batteries, which are half the weight, but (as Lou indicates) even those can be tough when in certain positions.

garyb1st said:
1200 lbs?  What do you have, an electric motorhome.  ;)
Boy I botched that math didn't I!  Not sure why I was thinking 200 lbs each.  They are closer to 75 lbs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom