Battery Disconnect Relay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was this battery disconnect relay for the house 12V or does it have something to do with the chassis/engine? The house battery disconnect solenoids that I'm familiar with don't have any diodes but WGO might have changed the solenoid/relay in later models.
The disconnect relay is for both the house and engine. The engine side blew first. by the time I got to the repair shop the house 12VDC system was down also.

I just had this happen to my 2019 Sunstar LX 30T yesterday. I had just driven from 50 miles south of Albuquerque, NM to Moab, Utah. I stopped for gas on the way to the campground and everything was running perfectly when I arrived at the station. This was my second stop for gas that day.

After filling up, I retuned to the drivers seat and turned the key and.......Nada, nothing. Sadly, I am sitting at a pump and cannot move. I have Good Sam Roadside Assistance and they sent a couple of techs in a timely manner. We checked all fuses and voltages and everything was testing good. I showed the tech where the red wire runs to the front of the chassis and he crawled under and traced it to exact location described by the OP. After testing the fuses and the two relays, the one relay was not passing voltage. In order to keep moving to our final destination in Oregon, I asked them if they could see if the one remaining relay could be shared. That worked and got us started. We lost use of the slides due this but it will get us to where we need to go.

I have ordered two new relays and hope this solution holds up until we are settled on Tuesday.

Attachments

• IMG_1970.jpeg
    IMG_1970.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 7
I'm planning to order an extra relay. The shop ordered the one they put in so I don't have the ordering info.
Would you mind sharing who you ordered from, cost and what info you had to give them?

Thanks,
John

Here are the supporting documents to aid in understanding this area of the rig.

Attachments

• 000124573 (1).pdf
    212.6 KB · Views: 3
When ordering electronic stuff, check with DigiKey. Someone on the forums recommended that company and I'm sure glad I listened. Bought the same exact part that Amazon priced at $38 for $10.69 from DigiKey and had it in 5 days.

Was this battery disconnect relay for the house 12V or does it have something to do with the chassis/engine? The house battery disconnect solenoids that I'm familiar with don't have any diodes but WGO might have changed the solenoid/relay in later models.
Both house and chassis were dead when I got to the repair shop. It started with the chassis.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gators70
Back
Top Bottom