Battery life while sitting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Gary for the prompt response, I will order all my parts and get them ready for installation, then check back to make sure I haven't missed anything!

Cheers!!

I know this thread is about batteries but tires were also mentioned and just to illustrate what people are talking about, here is a photos of a tire that let loose at about 55 on a FLA byway.  Luckily no one was hurt, but my knowledge of tires was accutely increased

Attachments

• ShreddedTire1 (Small).JPG
    ShreddedTire1 (Small).JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 28
From my experience, alot of rv's on the lots are shown by sales people that turn everything on to show the coach, and then never turn the power off when they are done.  The batteries will drain after sitting for some time because there are so many devices that constantly need power while the unit sits.

I once owned a 2006 motorhome(I would rather not say the brand) with a Inteli-Power 9100 60amp Converter/Charger the charger kept over charging the batteries on the rig both the house and chassis batteries. I found out with this charger, it just poured the coals to them, the batteries, constantly. Then I found out about a thing called a charge wizard, once I connected it to the system, it never over charged again, and water evaporation literally stopped. The charge wizard just plugged into the Inteli-Power 9100 60amp Converter/charger.

Back
Top Bottom