Bck to roughing it smoothly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyleInSD

After going through my2nd (maybe 3rd or 4th) childhood, thinking i could "rough it" doing the tent thing,  I've decided that I need to slowly break back into the RV world.  SO.....  I went out and bought a 1976 Chieftain this weekend.  So now comes the fun of fix'n her up.  Mechanically she purrs like a kitten, everything works, it's the 70's motif that needs some work.  If anyone has some good ideas on how to camaflouge the wonderful neon green countertops, I'd be more than happy to listen.  Looks like I will be replacing carpet,  recovering all the cushions and doing something with the countertops.  Again,  any remodeling ideas would be much appreciated.  Just priced recovering the captains chairs, but for $700 i think I might have to hit the local junkyards and find some slightly used van seats at a much cheaper price.    Well enough talking about it,  better get busy.... hopefully I will surf around this site and find some helpful ideas.    SEE YA ON THE ROAD!!!    Kyle ;)

Hi Kyle and welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you've got quite a project ahead of you but it should be fun and since you've found this forum I think you'll be able to get lots of help from other members.  Feel free to post away with your questions.

Good luck...

Rick

If you want to keep the price down on the counter tops, you might want to consider preformed formica tops that can be purchased at the home centers very reasonably. You could cut them to fit and add either a formica backsplash or some other contrasting material. You can even purchase the newer formica tops that resemble granite.

Here's an option for your countertops if you don't feel like tearing out the existing countertops but want the updated look of granite;
http://www.vidsurf.net/watch/XfhMZ7DsFv0/Granite_Countertops_for_under_6000__Believe_it.html

It is not hard to glue on a new formica skin if your counter tops are in good shape.  Just be careful, the fumes from the cement can be nasty.

boatbuilder said:
Just be careful, the fumes from the cement can be nasty.
I highly recommend water based contact cement, but the only one woth using is 3-M Fastbond 30 (been using it for years). It comes in either clear or green. If it is hard to find locally, I know you can get it through Amazon.com

Back
Top Bottom