Beach Parking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditsjets7

Good evening,

Does anyone know of any town between Cape Charles, VA and Rehoboth Beach DE that has daytime beach parking for motor homes? Thanks!

Not in Delaware. You have to have a special tag on your vehicle to park on the beach and you have to be actively surf fishing. The number of surf fishing tags are limited each year. I purchased a 3 year tag this year.

Thanks, basically looking for a place to park and go to the beach for the day. Or even overnight parking at a visitor center would be good. I outsmarted myself when making reservations back in January ?‍♂️
We are at Kiptopeke State park for 3 nights, then Delaware Seashore State park for 3 nights. I left 4th July open and unblocked  which I am now regretting. Looking for a way to utilize any beach on the 4th.....then I could find a Walmart or something.

There are two State Parks with Beach Access in Delaware; Cape Henlopen and Delaware Seashore. We have camped at Cape Henlopen. It was just refurbished last year and it?s pretty nice.

There is a Walmart in Pocomoke City,MD.  Not sure what their policy might be.  Not near the beach though.  Easy trip out to the Virginia side of Assateague island.  However,they will fill up early on a holiday,like by 10 am.

There are also state parks nearby.  There are campgrounds on Chincoteague,VA but still not oceanfront.. they probably have a 3 night requirement because of the holiday.  There is also Assateague,MD State Park.  Just electric but literally right over the dunes to the ocean.

I assume you are coming up 13.  There is a MD welcome center but I d ont know what their overnight policy is.  13has a lot of truck traffic but I don?t know what truck stops,if any,are available.

Nothing else comes to mind but if you have questions,I may be able to help.

We park anywhere we can fit but our Winnebago 22R is less than 24' bumper to bumper. I try to only use one parking spot by going to the back of the lot and hang my back end over the curb or grass with the side door exiting into the grass. Looks like your unit is 9' longer which can make a huge difference. I find if you park in the back and are as considerate as possible you are okay. We normally go to FL and MI so maybe it's different there.

Reread your post.  I don?t know why I thought you were looking for overnight.

I think your only choice is to look at Assateague Island.  The Virginia side is managed by the a National Park Service.  Again,this fills up early.  I have never noticed RVs parked in the lot but never seen signs banning them for day;parking.  Note :NO pets allowed,not even in your vehicle.  The MD side has a state park and a federal park.  Again,I?ve never seen signs about RV entrance.  Best to call and ask.

Ocean City,MD  is not a friendly to RV parking in town.  There is a lot outside of town with a beach shuttle but not sure about RV parking.  The beach is very wide,long walk to the shore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore1947
Back
Top Bottom