Bedding in 3 different sizes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet S

I'm going to need bedding for our first RV roadtrip this Thanksgiving. My RV, the Winnebago Trend 23L, comes with three (3) different sized sleeping areas:  49" x 75" Rear Corner Bed / 51" x 78" Studio Loft / 51" x 87" Flex Bed System. I've had more trouble finding bedding online than almost any other item I've been researching! Ideally, I'd like the Rear Corner Bed and Studio Loft to have waterproof mattress pads, flannel sheets, and light to medium weight comforters (down or fake down) with removable / washable duvet covers.

The Flex Bed would be fine with one of those bed sacs or sleeping bags because it will prob be the least used. I'm thinking about storing a couple of extra pillows in a vacuumed sealed packing bag (the kind you roll the air out of), to save space.

At this point I'm wondering how much of this will be available to order, or how many people end up using regular sized sheets, etc, and just tuck in the extra length, or have a seamstress modify or sew custom sheets? (I don't sew beyond hemming and buttons.) I'd love to hear and see any ideas!

One way to use conventional size sheets with RV mattresses is with sheet suspenders. Flat elastic straps with clips on the end. They pull the fitted sheet under the mattress to keep the top smooth.

Walmart, Sears, etc.

srs713 said:
One way to use conventional size sheets with RV mattresses is with sheet suspenders. Flat elastic straps with clips on the end. They pull the fitted sheet under the mattress to keep the top smooth.

Walmart, Sears, etc.

Thanks, Stephen. I've actually used these in home to help keep a deeper bottom sheet tucked under an older, shorter mattress. They worked okay, but I'd rather not have to deal with them since these mattresses won't be as easily accessible on all 4 corners. Hoping if I spend the time hunting for or creating some bedding to fit the first time, then it'll be a source of pleasure, and not a constant reminder that "someday" I'd like to find sheets that fit. .. I think if I can't find sheets by the Turkey Day trip, then I'll use some old house bedding temporarily and keep searching.  ;)

One Forum member commented that they bought normal sized fitted sheets and then folded the excess and stitched that, placing stitches under the pillow area I assume, making the sheets fit. I think this is a neat idea and probably cost effective if you have your own machine.

Since we don't sew at all, we just use regular sheets and tuck the excess under the mattress. However we are able to walk around both our bed and the pull out couch so tucking under is easy.

Hmm... perhaps I can bribe my neighbor with a homemade pie or loaf of bread to sew the ends of the fitted sheets on her machine for me. Good idea! That would probably be the best way to get the flannel sheets I'd like. The overhang of the comforters can be folded under the pillows, and I'd rather have them too long than too short.

I don't know if others have done similar, but I have posted that DW folded, pinned, then sewed the fitted sheets to fit the bed.  We did try buying RV sheets but as you have sadi, they were not of the quality that we wanted.  The tuck has worked well and the sheets have stood up well.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom