Bent Jack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bestyett

Ruh Roh. Our 2015 Holiday Rambler, Class A slid while putting down the jacks yesterday. It held the night and went up fine this morning. How freaked out should I be?

I'm assuming that the part that bent was the part that welds to the chassis... is that correct? If the chrome jack-shaft had bent, it wouldn't have retracted. I wouldn't ignore it and assume all is well, but it's certainly not the end of the world. I would get it fixed as soon as possible, because the next time you try to get level on a similar slope, it could bend even further, and then it may not retract. It shouldn't be difficult, or all that expensive, for a properly equipped shop to bend it back into position, and re-weld it , but I would definitely NOT try banging it back into position with a sledge hammer for fear of causing additional damage.

Kev

Thanks Kevin. Yes, you are correct, just the support bracket. Stopped today to have someone look at it and will be getting it fixed when we return home in 2 weeks. Meanwhile, we plan to park on the flattest spot possibe, just lower the rear to stabilize, and enjoy our adventure!
Appreciate your help!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom