Best fold up chairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim @ Fran

couldnt find much on this topic....We have a couple of those collapsible chairs that fit in a bag which is about all we have room for but they are the 7.99 each and after sitting in for awhile they are not too comfortable...Have sat in some 40.00 chairs and they all seem about the same...

Are there some really really comfortable ones out there????

We sat in some really comfy chairs that recline too.  The owner of the chairs told us he got them at Costco, around 40 bucks or so.  They fold up flat as opposed to collapsing to fit in a bag.  We may be picking up a couple of these on our next Costco run, as they felt like you could sit in them all evening without any discomfort.  Good luck!

I got a few from Lowes, about 50 bucks each. Wide, comfortable, relcine and fold for easy storage. Worth a try. Good Luck !

We use a couple of these that we got at our local Camping World to hang out in front of our mh and they are super comfy but don't quite compact as much as a standard bag chair...takes the room of maybe two bag chairs. (They are also light weight) Then we keep a couple of standard ones for carrying around like down to the lake, river, or whatever.

Have a couple of 35 year old ZipDee chairs.  Still look like new.  They sre my preferred camping chair.

fenderbent said:
We sat in some really comfy chairs that recline too.  The owner of the chairs told us he got them at Costco, around 40 bucks or so.  They fold up flat as opposed to collapsing to fit in a bag.  We may be picking up a couple of these on our next Costco run, as they felt like you could sit in them all evening without any discomfort.  Good luck!

Jim,
We also have the above mentioned chairs from Costco.  I like to be able to recline if I want to and these fill the bill.  Many different positions and they will lock where you want them.  As mentioned they are not as compact as the chairs in a bag, but comfortable and sturdy.  If you don't have room in a storage compartment maybe they could be carried inside your RV when traveling.  Hope this helps you.  :-\

Water Dog said:
We use a couple of these that we got at our local Camping World to hang out in front of our mh and they are super comfy b

We were  next door neighbors with Dennis and Vici in Quartzsite and  they almost lost one of those chairs to theft.  It was me. :)  Once  snuggled down in that comfort, I did not want to get up.  We did not buy any because our old chairs still "have some tread on them."

Betty

This has been a problem for us too. The cheapo folding chairs were not comfortable, too low, and did not last long. DW found some 'director's' chairs at Costco in Bellingham that work well for us. They are a little wider than most, a comfortable height, and seem quite sturdy. They also have a metal fold out drink tray. Unfortunately we didn't save the packaging so I don't have the brand.

Betty Brewer said:
We were  next door neighbors with Dennis and Vici in Quartzsite and  they almost lost one of those chairs to theft.  It was me. :)  Once  snuggled down in that comfort, I did not want to get up.  We did not buy any because our old chairs still "have some tread on them."

Betty

Maybe I should become a rep.... ;D ;D Travel the country and invite people to sit in our chairs....! BTW, been working on the Jeep, getting ready to do the Rubicon in another couple of months

I tend to spend some time outside with my computer.  I needed a chair that wasn't too low and wasn't reclined too much.  I like the Pico outdoor arm chair.  It collapses to a tiny package for traveling, but is about the right height with good back support when set up.

We just purchased two folding chairs from ACE for $20/each. Not super comfortable but better than a lot of the folding chairs and they have a drink/snack tray attached. More like a Director's chair as opposed to the low slung uncomfortable sling chairs.

there is always the Zero Gravity Chairs. very comfortable. you can catch them on sale at camping world on occasion.

Re the 40.00 chairs from Costco.....dont seem to be able to find them on costco website....can you advise the brand name or any other help???? 

Thanks much for all the replies...

I've got a pair of the Zero gravity chairs and they are comforable but the ones I got are heavy (for a chair) and they take up some room.  I've been looking for some smaller, lighter chairs and saw these at Walmart.  They seem to have gotten good reviews and the price is pretty good for 2 chairs, I might give these a try.  http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Bungee-Chairs-2-Pack/15443799 

Anybody have these?

I think chair comfort is a personal preference - one that I like may be terrible to you. We carry 4 rather expensive ($40) chairs with the folding side tables, two different brands whose names escape me at the moment, but have had equally comfortable chairs from Walmart for under $7. We sometimes also carry a $12 Walmart chaise lounge - it rides in the back of the car.

I have to agree that one's favorite chair may be anothers nightmare.  We had some plain jane "in the bag" kind of chairs that we used frequently for our son's football games, however over time, we have found them to be more and more uncomfortable.  We recently bought "zero-gravity" or bungee chairs at Walmart which we both LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! They are light, so very comfy and dry super quick after a rain!!  We will likely "donate" our old ones when we pack up for the winter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom