Best place to buy 6v batteries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have a golf cart store in the area, either buy from them or from where they get their batteries.

Costco or Sam's club often has good prices too. Also check with the local Interstate Battery dealers.

Ken

Why using two 6V battery instead of a single 12V battery. As i think a single battery will be easy to recharge.

See my Choosing a Battery article in the forum Library for some insight as to 6v vs 12v.
http://www.rvforum.net/miscfiles/Choosing_right_battery.pdf

In a nutshell, a pair of 6v golf cart batteries provide a lot of capacity (about 230 AH). A single 12v would have to be quite large to equal it, somewhere around 15x15 inches, and 12v batteries that large are very pricey.  You will be hard-pressed to do better than the GC2 6v battery pair on a cost per amp-hour basis. However, if you don't need a lot of battery amp-hours, a single 12v is a good choice.

I already linked to that article. Probably lost on Eric, since he's in Asia.

I bought some last year for a golf cart.  The best price I could find was at a golf cart place near by.

They claimed to be a Trojan "master distributor", or some such thing.... (can't truthfully remember the words he used)..... but it he indicated that they move a lot of batteries so that the ones I was getting had been on their shelf for much less than a month
best price
and supposedly very fresh

I like batteries+, have bought car and boat batteries from them... the only place I know that keeps their inventory on a maintenance charger.

edit: oh wait, mine were 8 volt.  advice still stands though.....

I bought Mine at Interstate Battery, They charge $25.00 a battery core charge so I paid about $200.00 each for them, the battery boxes I bought on Amazon for about $20.00 each. I had the cables or made them in the shop, make sure You always have a gallon of Distilled water in Your rig and check the batteries a couple times a month, this and changing My camper to all LED bulbs was the best thing I've ever done for "mods" on My camper.

Stay with two 6V in series. The reason that is done is that if you were to connect 2 12V in parallel, charging becomes problematic as the batteries age. One battery will charge faster shutting down the charger, then the stronger battery will begin discharging into the weaker one. Bad scene all around. That's why the 6Vs are used in series. Back in the 80's those of us fooling around with the old GM diesel cars learned that lesson well. The cars came with 2 12's in series and were always causing starting problems. Once 2 6's in series were installed, things were great!

Back
Top Bottom