Best Portable Electric Heater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xrated said:
True.......except.  A heater with no fan can use the entire 1500 Watts for heating.  A heater with a fan will have to use some of the 1500 Watts for running the fan.  Granted, it is a small difference, but none the less.........

Not so. Yes, a fan does "use" some electricity, but, as stated by the First Law of Thermodynamics, energy can not be destroyed, it can only be converted from one form to another. A fan converts electrical energy to heat energy and mechanical energy (wind). The wind is then converted to heat, by way of air friction. No energy is lost.

Thus, any 1500 watt heater. either with or without a fan will put out precisely 5118.2124495 BTU/Hour. The electric heater is the only type of device that is 100% efficient.

Joel

I got a $25 Pelonis heater last winter and found the fan winds up slowly and turns off slowly. It doesn't make that sudden noise when the fan turns on that wakes you up. I decided to replace our second heater with another one. But I bought the Walmart brand heater because it looked identical but was $10 cheaper. It must be made by Pelonis because its fan works the same way.

Over the years, I have gone through several inexpensive electric heaters. All of them were ok as heaters, but some didn't last very long, and several had fans that were so loud, that it was difficult to sleep. I finally decided to splurge, and buy one of these https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Storm-HS-1500-PHX-WIFI-Infrared-Heater/dp/B0771LZZT3/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1.

The $89 may seem high, but I have no regrets. It is worth every penny. I don't know how they do it, but the very effective fan is so quiet, that the thermostat clicking on or off seems loud by comparison. It has one very unusual feature that evens out the heat. When the room temperature is more than 2?F below the set point, the heater draws the full 1500W. From 2?F below the set point, to 1?F above it, is switches to half power. While I have my doubts, they claim that it saves energy.

Joel

Back
Top Bottom