Best Route from Nashville to Port St. Joe FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

webervn

We'll be heading to St. Joseph Peninsula SP in a couple of weeks and wondered if anybody has any recommendations about the route. Google maps has me going South on I-65 to Montgomery AL. Then East on I-85 until hitting SR 231 all the way to Panama City where I pick up SR 98.
How is SR 231 through Alabama? Any better recommendations?

Thanks!

I used 321 last year on the way home from FL. It is good all the way. Interstate quality. I plan to take it again this year.

Tony

tswms said:
I used 321 last year on the way home from FL. It is good all the way. Interstate quality. I plan to take it again this year.

Tony
Thanks Tony, good to hear!  This eases my concern, now for me to look for truck stops for fueling my deisel. 

What Google said except I-65 to I-85 and then exit at the Taylor Rd exit. Right at the exit and then follow Taylor Rd to 231. You will go past the 231 exit (eastern bypass) to get to Taylor Rd. This will avoid a big bottleneck of traffic on the bypass.

BruceinFL said:
What Google said except I-65 to I-85 and then exit at the Taylor Rd exit. Right at the exit and then follow Taylor Rd to 231. You will go past the 231 exit (eastern bypass) to get to Taylor Rd. This will avoid a big bottleneck of traffic on the bypass.
Thans for that!  I've added it to my route notes.

Kevin

We like to pick up I-10 E from 231 and take 71S  into Port St. Joe. It's a 2 lane but it's scenic, very little traffic, and you avoid Panama City.

We went through Panama City down there and went home up 71...much better!  We'll repeat that route next year. 
We LOVED St Joe SP and will return there.  We also really enjoyed tramping around Apalachacola, cute little town!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom