best route RI to Fla

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram1500

Looking for opinions on the best route from RI to Orlando  Florida. I95 or I81 back to I95

We live in northern RI and this is our route:
146 to i-90 to I-84 to i-81.  I-81 south to Harrisburg.  At Harrisburg, we take the beltway (322 and I-83) clockwise to route 15, which we take down into Maryland to I-270.  We take i-270 to I-495 (Washington Beltway) and connect to I-95.  We take i-95 into Florida although we do take the I-295 bypasses around Richmond, VA and Jacksonville, FL.

Others go farther south on I-81 but i don't want to try the extreme hills between Blacksburg, VA and the North Carolina boarder.  I am sure that others have many variations of the route.

good luck.

--jack

We traditionally come down to I 77, to I 26, to I 95, but we know a lot who go I 66 to Hwy 17, which takes you to Fredericksburg and I 95.  I'm told there a the fewest hills on that route, and it it only slightly longer than your usual route.

Ed

I've been doing that trip since the early 70's and have found that the least time on I-95 is the best time! Seriously, I'd suggest any route that will minimize your exposure to I 95.

Have made many trips on 95 from Southern NJ to Florida and South Carolina. The Richmond 295 is longer and longer then going straight thru on 95. The last time I used the 295 route was due to an accident in the Richmond area, sign board said to exit, the road was rough and the exciting thing was the nice bridge.

Try the direct route you might like it.

Back
Top Bottom