Best wifi repeater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sun2Retire said:
Thanks. Others have said the same thing. Current plan is to start with a 12db omni (same one decaturbob is using) and see how it goes

I'll have my system next week and will temporary set up outside my house to test and play with.  I'll give updates on what I see and learn.

I haven't set the system up yet, mostly due to being cold outside and I have an unheated garage I will need to test this all out in but I will sat that dealing with Radiolabs has been painful...they really suck at communication and getting any information out of them is like pulling teeth.  I still haven't heard back on a question asked over 2 weeks ago concerning the USB cable they used on their antenna which appears not to be rated for exterior use.....and the cable is permanently attached to their external antenna.  Hopefully the equipment will work and set up goes well...but I see right now communication is a real problem.

I have a radiolabs unit with their marine antenna that waiting for the weather to warm up to set it up. Its probably one of the most powerful wifi extender systems available.

Desert_Rat said:
Be aware that the issue with WiFi reception is most often not the signal from the AP but your signal back to it. I too use Ubiquiti for that reason: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFQV6GC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You will find that your omni works just fine as long as the AP it's connecting to is fairly close, but it's range will be limited.

Did you mount the Ubiquiti on the batwing mast? Why did choose that model Ubiquiti over others they offer? (Just curious as to what factors you considered.)

Back
Top Bottom