Bidet Install & Vacuum Breaker in the Way.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SunFun

I'm trying to install a "fancy" electric bidet-seat-cover on my toilet (Bidet Link). When I remove the existing seat, there is a vacuum breaker which sticks up above the back of the toilet. The bidet-seat doesn't fit with that piece there. I need it moved back far enough, or moved down far enough to be behind or below the level of the toilet-seat. It looks like a simple extension will do the trick, but I can't seem to figure out the right search-terms/etc to find the right size/part, while looking online?

I suppose I could also remove the part and try to manually match it up with what I find at Home Depot too, but I don't have much experience in this area. Below are a couple pictures from the manual, with brand and model number, and diagram of the Vacuum Breaker.

edit: Will I also need an adapter for the bidet-water? The bidet-water connects to a standard toilet-tank-water-tube.

20211101_213509.jpg20211101_213557.jpg

Last edited:
We have one those in our s/b bathroom. First time you use it you’ll near come right off the toilet. It shoots a pretty hardy stream right at your bum. My wife really likes it. Hmmm. :cool:

We have one those in our s/b bathroom. First time you use it you’ll near come right off the toilet. It shoots a pretty hardy stream right at your bum. My wife really likes it. Hmmm. :cool:
I bought mine early pandemic, when toilet-paper shortages were happening. I paid about $300-ish. Now? I've only been back on toilet-paper for about 1-day, and it stinks. Smear, smear, smear. (ok, maybe not that bad, but once you go bidet, you never go back)

We have a very nice non-electric one in our home, and a less expensive Brondell in the motorhome. Two reasons we went with the Brondell was that it came in a left handed version (much better for our purpose), and it installs under the existing toilet seat. I know some people have notched the porcelain to fit their bidets, but we didn’t want to do that. And I agree with SunFun - once you have a bidet, you will want one everywhere you go. Soooo much cleaner.

Last edited:
You can add to the length of the vacuum breaker final connection hose to the bowl and push the VB anywhere you wish as long as it remains at the same height, or higher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caan
Back
Top Bottom