BIG DAN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daniel17319

Whats up guys

I want to travel about the country and I'm realizing how expensive one of these machines can be.

I want to buy a bus conversion in the next year to do my traveling. How hard is it to fix a bus conversion if something breaks minus the engine.

What else should i be looking for in a bus conversion as far as the engine etc. What kind of bus were should i get one and how to inspect one to see if its ok for traveling. Also how much does it cost to service a older bus to general maintince.

Any advice whatsoever for this newbie is welcome.

thanks fellas for the help

Hello Daniel and welcome to The RV Forum.

Clarification please; Do you indeed mean a "bus conversion" or do you mean a "Class A motorhome"?  Actual bus conversions can be pretty expensive to purchase.  Most RV maintenance, (and there can be quite a bit) revolves around things that most people handy with a wrench and a screw drive can handle.  Engine work generally requires a shop mechanic, but not necessarily. 

Assuming a Class A, check for fiberglass delamination, which generally occurs where there are holes in the fiberglass, like windows, etc.  Check to ceilings for signs of roof leaks which show up as brown stains.  Tires should be replace at least every 7 years, regardless of tread depth.  Those are the biggies. 

Our library is full of information that should be of use to you.  Post any questions and other members will jump in with answers and advice.

This is a friendly bunch here.  Join our discussions and become one.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the info, i saw a bus online for sale that was a bus from like the 1960s that was converted to a RV for about 10k thats kind of what i was thinking about.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom