Big Sleeper Vans on trucks: the new RV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian

I have long lusted after a big truck + big sleeper +5th wheeler behind. A great combination but way out of my reach both financially and physically, but that doesn't stop me loving the thought of pushing one of them around the countryside.

So here is a video collection of some BIG sleepers built onto Trucks just to whet your appetite if you are thinking of something different for travelling around.

Big Sleeper trucks (part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_A6xI0YyM

Big Sleeper trucks (part 2) Interiors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbzpHMPsNSs

Thanks for that! I too have dreamed of driving a big rig sleeper. From the looks of the interior pictures I think I could do without a 5th wheel behind and just use the sleeper. very nice vehicles. On an editorial note: the pictures were on the screen for too long. 2-3 seconds would have been enough time.

Brian

Hi Brian, glad you like the links, I though there were some really neat sleepers in the collection.

The timing of the pictures is something you'll have to take up with the person that posted the videos on you tube, I just found the links.

If you follow the  link to the guy's profile page you will find lots of videos of trucks and sleepers, must be something he really likes.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pilloud30

Hey thanks for the link, I will definetly  dive into that tonight! Im already on ebay looking for a large sleeper rig, only as a fantasy.

brian

I believe those are often referred to as "Toterhomes" as far as RV terminology goes.  I've seen them pulling gigantic boats before, or more often a huge 2-level box trailer that in many cases will house a race car or something other motorized meanie driven from venue to venue.  8)

Can't say as I've ever seen a 22-wheeler rig on the road before.  Is that an Aussie thing?

KodiakRV said:
Can't say as I've ever seen a 22-wheeler rig on the road before.  Is that an Aussie thing?
All of the images in those clips are from the highways of the USA. No idea what happens down here, I don't get near the national highways very much so I would not get to see any or the long distance haulers.

OT but I have an internet friend named Ian who will be spending a week with me for some fishing.  I've never seen a photo of him but since he is from Wanneroo in Western Australia, it probably isn't you unless you've moved. 

He flew into the left coast last week and is working his way to by bus to the right coast via Canada with frequent stops to visit with folks he has actually met before and do some fishing and sightseeing.

Yup.  Is.  Does mostly salt water at home but wanted to do some fresh water fishing while he was here.

The big blue cats in Badin (about 30 miles) got his attention and the combo of flatheads in the upper part of High Rock plus my promise of clonking lessons with a spare clonk he could take home raised things from a, "maybe I'll be able to stop by and meet you", to "I think I can manage a week or so".

note:  a clonk is a really strangely shaped gadget that makes a nice 'thunk' sound if you move it through the water just right and it acts as a caller for some of the large preds.  Put a suitable bait (live fish of 2-4 lbs) between boat and probable flathead location, clonk a few times, and hopefully the spot your bait while headed toward your boat to investigate the sound. ;D ;D

Newt & Jan said:
OT but I have an internet friend named Ian who will be spending a week with me for some fishing.  I've never seen a photo of him but since he is from Wanneroo in Western Australia, it probably isn't you unless you've moved.
No, have been into Western Australia a few times, one time was 4 weeks back in 97 with CompuServe footing the bill, remember them? ;)
I ran the Internet Cafe for the Whitbread Round The World Yacht Race, that was a party!

Man, those videos are awesome! Makes me wish I had one of those. Of course, I don't think I'd ever be able to drive those :p
But it'd be awesome to use that for a road trip once :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom