Bigfoot problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeswhirled

2000 Gulf Stream has been on extended Bigfoot levelers for about a year and now when I try to retract all I get is clicking. Emergency retract doesn't work either. Help!!

Try unscrewing the panel from the dash and removing and reinserting each of the plugin cables several times to clean off any corrosion. If you have a spray can of contact cleaner on hand, that should help too. Of course make sure any fuses and circuit breakers are not blown or tripped. The circuit breaker for the power to the pumps is usually located near the house batteries.

Batteries have been on house power and are fully charged. Chassis switch is on and so is parking brake. All connections on switch board are good. All four corners click when their buttons are pushed individually and all click at once when emergency retract is pushed

That sounds like there is no power getting to the jack solenoids from the batteries, just the low power switching signals. Did you check the jack circuit breaker? The one with the heavy gauge wires on it near the batteries?

Jeff in Minnesota said:
That was why I clicked on this right away. Thought we had a great story going.

Look I run a round once in the woods barefoot and my shirt off and people,start with the name calling......  :)

Parked next to a great couple and the husband could have passed for big foot!!!  I think I have a picture somewhere...  But .i think it's blurry and hard to make out because it was at a distance..... Ha!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom